:: Chapter Twenty-One ::

Chapter Twenty-One

Sophie took a deep breath as she prepared herself for what was about to happen. She wasn't sure how she was going to come out and say it, but she couldn't just up and move out without telling her parents. They would have to find out eventually, she just wished it wasn't so soon. 

She had just finished getting ready for the party and Keefe would be arriving in a few minutes to help set up, so this was the only time she had to tell them about her plans to move in with Keefe. Her mind kept flashing to the story of Jolie, their daughter who died in a fire set in her house by her fiance. Obviously she knew that wouldn't be happening with Keefe, while a bit crazy at times he still wasn't a pyrokinetic nor evil. She had fought for a while to prove his innocence, and she knew she was right in doing so. 

"Hey can you guys sit?" She questioned Edaline and Grady when she moved towards the living room. "I need to tell you guys something." 

"Sophie, we're aware of your engagement," Grady joked as he and his wife followed Sophie to sit on each side of her. 

"What's wrong?" Edaline asked when she noticed the look on Sophie's face. 

Sophie bit her lip, not knowing how to exactly spit it out. "So, as you already know, Keefe and I are getting married."

"Yes?"

"And... we talked about it, and I was thinking it was about time I moved in with him." She smiled nervously at her adopted parents, wondering what they would be thinking. 

"I think that's a great idea!" Edaline finally chimed. 

"Wait, really?" Sophie asked, confused. "It doesn't make you sad?"

"Of course we're sad about it," Grady replied. "But we've known you were going to move out eventually. We didn't think you would live here forever." 

"And it's completely your decision if you want to move out, don't let us effect your choice. We're not going to force you to stay here."

"Aww thank you guys so much, I love you and I'm going to miss living here!" She pulled both of them into individual tight hugs. 

"I'm also okay with it because recently Keefe has been hanging around us a lot for you and he's been stealing all our food," Edaline added. "Don't think we haven't noticed."

Sophie laughed in reply. "Well until I'm officially out I'll tell Keefe to lay off the snacks, I guess." 

The three started to say jokes with each other as they finished setting up, Keefe arriving in the middle of their conversation and joining in. "Okay, I think that's about it," Edaline finally commented after putting out the last bowl of snacks. "How much longer until people start showing up?"

"About half an hour," Sophie replied. 

"Well, we're going to finish getting ourselves ready, you two stay down here in case someone comes." Edaline and Grady both left to their room to get changed while Sophie and Keefe sat on the couch. 

"So, did you bring it up to them?" Keefe questioned. "About you moving in?"

"Yep," she stated. "They're alright with it!" She kissed him after the remark, grinning. "So it's a step in the new direction."

"This is all so weird," Keefe said, smiling at her. "I never thought I'd be with you, nevermind marry you."

"Well it's happening," she replied. The two continued to talk until people started to show up. First it was the Vackers, and the last to show up were Dex and Biana.