:: Chapter Twenty-Three ::

she's a filler but she's worth it xx

Chapter Twenty-Three

"So... That's it?" Grady questioned, standing by the door. 

Sophie nodded, a frown on her face as she looked behind her to see Keefe saying goodbye to Edaline. "Yep, we moved everything in. So, I guess I'm living there now." She wrapped her father into a hug and all but cried. "I'm going to miss it here."

"Don't cry about moving in with me just yet, Foster," Keefe joked walking over. 

She shoved him jokingly and said, "Well this is your fault." He rolled his eyes in response as she turned to Edaline and pulled her into a hug. "I'll miss you guys."

"Sophie, you know you're always welcome here to visit or whatever," Edaline replied, grinning. 

"And you know, if things don't work out, we'll leave the room ready for you to move back in," Grady joked before turning to Keefe. "You take care of her."

"I always have," he replied, grinning. 

"Yeah, we'll talk later about that," Grady replied, frowning. 

"You ready to go?" Keefe asked, turning to Sophie who nodded slightly. 

"Bye guys," she echoed to her parents once more as Keefe led her out of the room and in soon enough they entered Keefe's apartment. 

Their apartment. 

That was weird for her to think about. It wasn't just Keefe's place anymore. It was their place. 

Sophie thought it would be awkward when she first moved in but in seconds Keefe said, "I'm going to go take a shower, can you make dinner for tonight? I'll make breakfast in the morning and make it up for you." 

She nodded in response and after a moment she replied, "Yeah, is there anything in particular you want?"

"Just make whatever, I'll like it. Thanks Soph, you know I love you!" With that he quickly ran towards the bathroom to take a shower. She stood in the kitchen, pretty much confused about the situation, before shrugging and making dinner. Obviously Keefe didn't think it was so weird they were living together now, or maybe he was just hiding the awkwardness. 

Once dinner was ready and the two sat at the table, Sophie realized they had been strangely quiet. Finally after ten minutes of the only sounds being their chewing, Keefe finally let out a sigh. "Is this weird to you too?" 

Sophie let out a breath of relief. "Okay, so it's not only me?" She was relieved he was bringing it up. 

"No, it feels weird. Like before it always felt like it was serious, but now it's suddenly actually serious. Even after we got engaged it didn't feel this real." Keefe smiled at her. "I took the shower to avoid the awkward part of trying to introduce you to everything as if you have never been here before."

She nodded and stated, "Well, step one can maybe be showing me how the shower works? And I can appreciate a good tour even though I know the place. A refresher never hurt anyone." 

Keefe grinned back at her and after they finished their food he started from the front door and walked her around the apartment as if she hadn't seen it before, and Sophie made all the "oohs" and "ahhs" to go along with it. 

"Okay, so this is the guest bedroom, something you actually haven't seen," Keefe stated, a smile on his face. "But screw having guests, now it's your office. Decorate to your hearts content." He opened the door and Sophie looked around. 

"I've never had an office before, this is nice," she stated, looking around. It was a fairly average sized room, and there were empty shelves lining the walls and a desk in the middle of the room. She knew within a week, with the way her job was, the room would probably be filled. "Wow, I don't think I realized how much I needed one until this."