:: Chapter Twenty-Eight ::

this is super late. sorry if there's any mistakes a gal was rushing when she realized how long it's been without an update. 

Chapter Twenty-Eight

The months moved faster than expected and soon enough the wedding was just short of a week. Although it pretty much already seemed as if they were married, it didn't make Sophie any less stressed about the situation. 

"Soph, we need to get going before we're late," Biana reminded her as she finished brushing her hair. They were all going to go for a last fitting for the bridesmaids dresses and Sophie was bringing her wedding dress along so she could try it on one last time as well just to make sure everything was going alright. 

"Sorry," she apologized as she quickly raced after Biana, who was making her way outside the apartment. 

"Hey, watch out before you trip and hurt yourself," Keefe warned, seeing them rush. "Wouldn't want anything to happen so close to the big day."

"Great, now my anxiety has increased," Sophie complained, leaning over to kiss his cheek anyways. "We'll be back in a few hours, tops."

"Don't forget we're going to your parent's house later to check out the decorations."

"Can't forget," she said, tapping her head before rushing outside after Biana. Within a few minutes they were making their way inside the bridal shop. 

"There's the girl of the hour," Marella exclaimed, making everyone inside turn to look at her. 

She blushed at all the stares. "Sorry, I slept in," she explained with a shrug. "If it wasn't for Biana I would've taken longer."

"Why'd you sleep in? You almost never do that anymore." Linh looked at her with concern. 

Sophie smiled graciously at Linh who gestured for her to take a seat beside her. They were all in the waiting room, and Sophie didn't have the heart to ask why they were still in the waiting room. "I stayed up late trying to finish all my work. I've been working as much as possible so when I take all this time off for the wedding it's not like I'm leaving my job in the dust."

"You work to hard," Syden told her, frowning. "We can't have you walking down the aisle with bags under your eyes."

"No, that would definitely be a disaster," Biana agreed. While having Syden around was awkward at first, after Sophie hired her as the wedding planner it seemed as if she had always been with the group and everyone loved having her around them. She fit perfectly, Sophie was grateful to Tam for dating such an awesome girl. 

"A disaster would be these dresses not fitting," Sophie stated. "Were you guys waiting for me or are we waiting for something else?" She gestured to the room they were in. 

"Donatella is getting our dresses out from the back before taking us to the fitting area," Marella explained, talking about the woman who owned the shop. She was the best in the business according Della, and after seeing all the dresses Sophie was inclined to believe her. 

"Where are the parents?" Sophie asked suddenly, noticing Edaline, Della, and Oralie weren't around. 

"They're helping her get the dresses, there's a lot." 

While traditionally a father would walk a bride down the aisle, Sophie had asked for both her adopted parents to walk her. She wanted everyone to be involved with the big day. Della and Oralie would be helping walk down the flower girls and she also asked Alden to walk down the ring bearer. She was happy that with figuring out a different role for Oralie, she didn't feel guilty asking Bronte to be the council member to perform the wedding ceremony. While Bronte was necessarily most people's first choice, and even when asked he usually said no, he had jumped at the chance to minister.