Welcome to Mystic Falls \\ I

3rd person POV

Stefan and Emilia Salvatore walked towards the front doors of the Mystic Falls High School. Heads turned and whispers erupted at the sight of the good-looking pair, the twins shared a glance, smirking at the fact that all eyes were on them. The fair-skinned, dark-haired girl walked purposefully with her brown-haired twin brother to the registration office, paying no attention to what was occurring around them.

"Who is the new girl?" Tyler asked Elena, glancing sinfully at Emilia. Elena slammed her locker door shut and turned to face him.

"That's what I'd like to know." She said, staring lustfully after Stefan, as the twins disappeared into the office.

~~~

"Hey, you okay?" Stefan asked, knowing full well what had happened to his sister, even if she would not tell him herself.

"I'm fine," Emilia said, in a monotone voice, as if she had said it a thousand times, never once meaning it. However, her twin could always see through the wall she built up around her, protecting her at all times. Stefan decided not to enquire further, hoping that the people here could break down her carefully guarded walls. "Let's just register and get this over with." She continued, sounding more like Damon than her twin.

The twins entered the office, their footsteps in sync. The registrar looked up at them, confused at the lack of a legal guardian to sign the forms. After speaking with Stefan, she handed over their newly printed timetables robotically and sent them on their way without a second thought.

Thankfully, they both had history first period, so they walked towards the classroom. As they did so, Emilia locked eyes with Conrad Fell, the captain of the school's beloved football team. For a moment, it was as if the world stopped, but all Emilia could hear was the sound of his blood pumping through his veins. She quickly walked to catch up with her twin brother before she did something she regretted. The last thing she needed was a repeat of what happened last time.

~~~

As soon as she walked into the classroom, Emilia could tell that this was going to be an awkward situation, especially since the girl that Stefan had bumped into at the men's room was here, and that boy that who was checking her out was lounged at the back of classroom. She could tell he was one of those people who didn't care about what they did in class.

"Sit down you two!" The teacher said, making the twins quickly hurry to the two empty seats that were located towards the back of the classroom. Much to Emilia's disappointment, her seat was directly in front of Conrad Fell's.

"Right. Let's begin today's lesson." The teacher said, writing some facts down on the chalkboard. "Once our home state of Virginia joined confederacy in 1861, it created a tremendous amount of tension within the state. People in Virginia's northwest region had different ideals than those from the traditional deep south. Then Virginia divided in 1863 with the northwest region joining the union."

Emilia's concentration was interrupted by something hitting the back of her head. It fell onto the floor, as she picked it up the white material started to unfold in her hands As she opened it she came to the conclusion it was from the mystery boy, who's name was Conrad Fell. "A Fell, that explains a lot" she whispered so quietly, the only one who heard was Stefan who let out a little laugh. Conrad's messy handwriting scrawled across half the page. As Emilia looked closer, she realised that he was asking her out. This Friday actually.

The rest of the day went by pretty quickly, Emilia decided it would be better to avoid Conrad all together, which wasn't that hard as they had no classes together. Stefan, however, decided that he was going to get to know Elena better, his reasoning being that he had to be 100% sure she was not anything like Katherine but Emilia knew he had fallen for the elure of the doppelganger once again.