Lost Girls \\ VI

"What are you? What are you?" Elena asked, not breaking eye contact with Stefan for one second, completely oblivious to the fact that Emilia was standing next to them and they were both holding wooden stakes in their hands.

      "You know." Stefan said after a long pause, deciding whether he should let Elena know who he truly was, or to rip the vervain necklace off her neck and compel her to forget the suspicians she had about him.

      "No, I don't" Elena protested, refusing to even think for a second that what she had fathomed in her mind was real.

      "Yes, you do, or you wouldn't be here" Emilia said, trying to finish this conversation as soon as possible so she could deal with her other brother.

      "It's not possible. It can't be."

      "Everything you know...And everry belief that you have is about to change.  Are you ready for that?" Stefan asked, deciding once and for all in his head if he was going to tell the truth, tell her that his siblings and himself were vampires.

      "What are you?"

      "I'm a vampire." Stefan said, keeping his head down, in shame. Emilia rubbed Stefan's arm, as to remind him that she was here for him, even if Elena wasn't. And Elena had a look of terror on her face.

      "I shouldn't have come."

      "No. Please." Stefan begged as he saw the look of complete fear on Elena's face. Elena starts to run away but Emilia and Stefan vamp-speed and get infront of her car, obstructing her path.

      "No. No. how did you do that?"

      "Please don't be afraid of me. No. Elena, there's things that you have to know and understand."

      "Let me go!"

      "Elena, please" Stefan begged one more time before he gave up.

      "It's okay Stefan, let her go. She needs to calm down before you can have a civilised conversation with her." Emilia said, trying to stop her twin from doing something reckless.

      "No, Emilia. I have to talk to her before she has the chance to say something, to someone who might believe her. Don't try to stop me Emilia. It won't work." Stefan said, before vanishing off through the trees that surrounded the Salvatore boarding house.

      "Fine. But don't blame me when this doesn't go your way." Emilia shouted, quickly realising that Stefan was long gone and she was talking to herself.

~~~

Elena drove with speed towards her house, parked her car with no persision and ran into the house, slamming the door and locking it behind her. Emilia followed the path left by her brother, even though she was 100% sure of where he was headed.

      "Elena -" Stefan pleaded, as Elena ran across her room after seeing Stefan appear through the window of her bedroom. "I would never hurt you. You're safe with me." Stefan pushed the door shut and cornered Elena against it.

      Elena looked up at him with only fear in her eyes. "All those animal attacks, those people who died..." She said, her voice cutting out at the end due to how scared she was.

      "No. That was Damon!" Stefan explained, trying to get Elena to see the truth and not what she percieved to be true.

      "Damon?" Elena asked, unable to believe what she was hearing. 

      Stefan nodded, filled with relief that she was finally beginning to see the truth. "Yes. I don't drink human blood. That's how I choose to survive, but Damon does! Emilia has found a way to not harm people, but still drinks human blood. I'll explain everything to you, but I beg you, Elena, do not tell anybody."