The Turning Point \\ IX

Stefan and Emilia walked into the parlour room where Damon was staring out the window. "So any idea of where you'll go?" Emilia asked as they entered.

      "I don't know. London, maybe. See some friends." Damon replied.

      "You don't have any friends, Damon." Stefan retorted.

      "You're right, Stefan. I only have you two." Damon said, turning away from the window. "So, where are we going?"

      "We are not going anywhere. I'm gonna live my life as far away from you as possible, and so is Emilia." Stefan argued, not giving in to his brother's persuasion.

      Damon walked towards the twins. "But we're a team! We could travel the world together. We could try out for 'The Amazing Race'."

      "Mmmm, that's funny. Seriously, where are you going? Because we are not staying in this town." Stefan replied.

      The doorbell rang. Damon, Stefan and Emilia glanced at the door and back at each other. Emilia left the parlour and opened the front door. Liz Forbes was outside.

      "I'm here to see Damon." She requested.

      "Uh, sure. Ok." Emilia said, opening the door further.

      Damon came to the doorway. "Sheriff. What a surprise."

      "Sorry to bother you, but we need to talk." Sheriff Forbes said.

      "Come in." Damon invited. Liz entered the house. Damon shut the door and led Liz out into the back courtyard. As he did this, Emilia and Stefan shared a look that suggested that they were both going to eavesdrop on the conversation.

      They hurried over to the parlour room and sat down, listening carefully to their conversation.

      "Um, I hope you understand the secrecy. Stefan and Emilia don't know about this yet and I'd like to keep it that way." Damon said.

      "Of course, kids are too young to be brought into this." The Sheriff agreed.

      "So, what do you need?" Damon asked.

      "There's been another attack. A female victim, her throat torn out, completely drained of blood. It fits the pattern." Sheriff Forbes explained.

      "I'm sorry. I don't understand. I thought we solved that problem when I..." He glanced back as if he was scared to be caught. "staked the blonde one."

      "I'm thinking she must have turned someone. Or multiple someones. I don't know. The story for the town in another animal attack but I'm not sure how long we can keep lying to them. The council is in an uproar. We thought we were past this."

      "So, uh, what do we do?" Damon asked.

      "You're the only one who's ever taken on a vampire. We were hoping you could tell us." Liz said. Her and Damon both went to the front door. Stefan and Emilia stayed in the parlour, still listening to them.

      "Thank you for stopping by." Damon thanked,

      "Let me know what you come up with." Liz said as Damon opened the front door for her.

      "Absolutely." Liz exited and Damon shut the front door. Stefan and Emilia got up and vamp sped over to Damon. Stefan grabbed him by his shirt and held him against the door.

      "What is wrong with you? You killed somebody?" Stefan asked.

      "Get off of me." Damon pushed Stefan off. "A...don't touch me. B...if I had, I wouldn't have been so obvious about it." He walked past the twins and turned around. "C...There's another vampire in town."