Children of the Damned \\ XII

Mystic Falls 1864

A horse drawn carriage with a driver and his passenger were heading down a dirt road. Up ahead, in the middle of the road, lay a man with a woman kneeling beside him. The woman got up when she saw the carriage and started shouting. "Please! Please, help us!"

      The woman, who appeared to be Katherine, ran towards the carriage as it came to a halt. "Please, my husband, he's been hurt! Please help him!"

      The driver jumped down from his seat and went to check on the man in the road. The passenger of the vehicle opened the carriage door and exited. "What are you doing out here in the middle of the night? It's not safe."

      "No. No, sir. It's not safe." Katherine bared her fangs and bit the man's neck. The man screamed as Katherine drained the life out of him. Meanwhile, the driver was kneeling over Damon's body, but turned around when he heard screaming. He saw him passenger's dead body lying by the carriage, but did not see Katherine. He looked back the other way and Katherine had appeared right in front of him. Her eyes became red and she drained the blood from the man who screamed for his life. She tossed him aside when she had drained him, blood drenching her chin. "And that's how it's done."

      Katherine wiped the front of her dress with her palms. Damon slowly and cautiously got up and looked at the two dead men. "What happens to the bodies?" He asked.

      "Well, I'll take them into the woods and the other animals will finish them off." Damon seemed frightened by Katherine's plan. "Are you sure you're ready for this?" She asked.

      Damon nodded. "I'm ready. I want you to turn me." He said firmly.

      "When it's time. Kiss me." Katherine said playfully.

      Damon pulled a handkerchief from his coat pocket with a flourish. He moved to wipe the blood off Katherine's chin, but Katherine grabbed his hand and moved in closer. "You should get a taste." She said, not wanting him to clean away the blood just yet.

      Katherine moved in to kiss Damon, but Damon moved away. "Sorry." He apologised.

      "Don't be. Soon you won't be able to get enough." Katherine replied, reassuring the eldest Salvatore.

      Damon hesitated for a moment before kissing Katherine with a fiery passion. Damon pulled away and the blood from Katherine's chin had smudged on Damon's lips, which Katherine wiped at with her finger.

Present Day, Salvatore Boarding House

Conrad and Emilia were snuggled up, spooning in Emilia's bed. Emilia awakened and Stefan woke up shortly after this and kissed Emilia on the cheek as she pulled his arm tighter around her.

       "Mmm. Good morning." She smiled.

      "I could get used to this." Conrad replied.

      "Rise and shine, sleepyheads." Damon said.

      Emilia and Conrad both sat up, startled at Damon's presence at the end of Emilia's bed. Both of them pulled the sheets up to their chins, covering up any parts they may not want Damon to see.

      "Damon! Please!" Emilia exclaimed.

      "What are you doing?" Conrad asked.

      "Oh, stop being smutty." Damon rolled his eyes.

      Conrad pulled the sheets further up on Emilia, making sure she was covered up properly. "Seriously, get out of here!"

      "If I see something I haven't seen before, I'll throw a dollar at it. Now listen, we have some very important business to discuss." Damon said.