Bloodlines \\ X

Stefan was pacing back and forth in his room, holding the picture of Katherine that Elena had seen and the vervain necklace he gave Elena to protect her. He tried to call her but there was no answer so he decided to leave a message.

"Elena. It's Stefan. I know that this picture must have confused you. But I can explain. I need to explain. So, please, when you get this, call me." Stefan throws his phone onto his bed and holds his head in his hands. He feels a comforting hand on his back and flinches slighlt, he turns to face his twin.

"Stefan, it's gonna be okay, Elena just needs some time, time to process the fact that you didn't tell her your exgirlfriend looks identical to her. This was going to happen eventually, you must have known that, so just breath, big brother." Emilia said before turning around and leaving Stefan to his own thoughts.

~~~

After the whole Logan Fell thing, Jess decided to take a walk down the streets of Mystic Falls, granted, she had absolutely no idea where she was or where she was going but she needed time and space to think, and anyway, this town is tiny, she'll find something she recognises soon enough.

Did she really want to get involved in all this vampire stuff, it was what killed her mother, Isobel, so she felt like she had to learn more, but what if something happened to her, how would her dad cope? Jess lost her mom when she was 15, and that was really hard for her, but she felt she had to learn more about vampires, especially if that's what killed her mother.

Jess then crossed over a bridge and stood on the railing, she had no urge to jump, she just liked the adrenaline it gave her, that feeling that her life was only in her hands, no one else's. She heard a car driving towards the bridge and thought nothing of it, till it slowed down. Jess whipped her head round to reveal, Damon, sitting in his 1969 blue Chevy Camaro with the passanger seat window down.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing out alone at night, and standing on the ledge of Wickery Bridge?" Damon asked, his signature smirk plastered on his face,'I should get used to this' Jess thought 'I have a feeling he uses that look a lot, not that I'm complaining.'

"Collecting my thoughts, deciding whether to stand next to you and your siblings in a fight, or to not get involved at all." Jess said plainly, hoping the oldest Salvatore, who she had only briefly met, could help her decide.

"Let me ask you this, are you human?"

"Yes...well I think so"

"What makes you say that, also get in, I'm taking you home."

"How polite you are, Mr. Salvatore, you make me blush... If I tell you, you have to promise not to tell anyone, Not Stefan, not Emilia, and definately not my dad. Okay?"

"You have my word, Miss. Saltzman."

"Well, basically, sometimes, usually when I'm angry, or sad,I get this strange feeling of power inside me. And id I really concentrate, I can focus it onto one thing, or one person and then, either they set on fire, or they get knocked back. i've never killed anyone but I came close. This one time I was visiting my dad at Duke, and I heard these guys talking about my mom, how she was a bad teacher, but goood to lok at. It just made me so mad, so I accidently set the 'ring-leader' on fire, his friends managed to put it out before he was actually injured, but his outfit was completely burnt. And from then on, I kinda kept to myself, I don't want to injure anyone else." Jess started to cry, reliving the worst thing she'd ever done, confused as to why she shared this with Damon, she didn't really know him, and she hadn't told anyone else, ever.

She then proceeded to get into his car, deciding that she shouldn't walk home like this. She kept her head down the entire time, so she didn't see Damon, stealing glances at her whilst he was driving. When they arrived back into the centre of town, Damon realised he had no idea where Jess lived, so he just drove around for a little while before he heard a piercing scream.