Family Ties \\ IV

Emilia woke up in her bedroom after having a bad dream, a single scream falling from her lips. She dreamt that she had killed Conrad and that her and Stefan had got caught. She sat up and saw Damon lounged in her reading chair. She reached under her silk pillow and closed her hand around a knife.

      "Bad dream? Do you know how easy it was to get into your head just now? You really need some human blood. It might even the playing field. Football reference. Too soon." Emilia threw the knife at Damon, hitting him in the stomach. Damon laughed as he pulled it out. "All right, I deserved that. But I just wanted to let you know, they caught the culprit. The animal responsible for killing coach Tanner and all those people."

      "What are you taking about?" Emilia asked, confused as she thought that Damon had done all of this.

      "It was a mountain lion. Really big one. It attacked a hunter this morning. It's all over the news. 'Deadly beast captures. All's well in Mystic Falls.'" Damon said, making it sound like he had covered his tracks.

      "Why would you cover your tracks?" Stefan asked, appearing at Emilia's bedroom door in a white tank top and jeans.

      "I've decided to stay a while. And I'm just having way too much fun here with you two and Elena and Conrad." Damon confessed.

      "Can't touch her now." Stefan said.

      "Well, the vervain keeps me out of her head. Maybe that's not my target. Believe it or not, Stefan, some girls don't need my persuasion. Some girls just can't resist my good looks, my style and my charm and my unflinching ability too listen to Taylor Swift." Damon explained. He stabbed Stefan in the stomach. Emilia saw that it clearly hurt Stefan more than it did Damon, for Stefan fell to the floor. "This is John Varvatos, dude. Dick move."

      Emilia got out of bed and rushed over to Stefan as Damon left the room. She wrapped her hand around the knife and removed it from his body. Stefan lifted up his shirt to watch the wound heal as Emilia cleaned the blade before replacing it back under her pillow. They exchanged a look as Stefan left the room: one that said they needed to get rid of Damon. No matter what.

      There was a knock at her window, which made her jump. She turned and saw Conrad there. She opened it, immediately being pushed down onto the bed, feeling a pair of lips attach to her mouth. "I'm sorry I couldn't wait any longer." Conrad said between kisses. He started kissing down her neck, and then up to her ear. At this point, Emilia could hear the blood pumping around his body. She sat up from his lap and shook her head, trying to get rid of the temptation.

      "Are you okay?" Conrad asked, wrapping his arms around her waist as he sat up as well.

      "I'm good. Sorry." Emilia apologised, genuinely feeling bad that she felt the need to drain his body of blood.

      "Maybe we should press pause." Conrad suggested, kissing her exposed shoulder.

      "Yeah, you're probably right. That was getting a bit..."

      "Yeah."

      "Yeah."

      "How do you look in a dress?" Conrad asked, changing the subject.

      "I look amazingly sexy in a dress." Emilia smirked.

      "How about tomorrow night? Will you be my date to the Founder's Party?" Conrad asked.

      "They still do that?" Emilia asked.

      "Have you been before?"

      "No, the Salvatores don't get invited anymore."