Help with Medicine #2

Medicine Cat Code:

-Medicine cats are allowed to cross territories.
-Medicine cats cannot have a mate or kits.
-Medicine cats may cross territories to help another Clan.
-Medicine cats must learn some battle moves.
-Medicine cats must do everything they can to help a cat or a kit in need.

------------------------

Poisons:

Apple Seeds - The seeds are mildly poisonous, containing amygdalin.

Chocolate - Contains theobromine at levels toxic to cats and dogs.

Deathberries - Are extremely poisonous species of red berries; are known to humans as yew berries.

Holly Berries - While not as dangerous as deathberries, are still a danger to kits and elders.

Foxglove Seeds - Are known to be dangerous medicine. While they can help the heart, they can easily cause paralysis and heart failure. Can be mistaken for poppy seeds.

Nightshade - Twenty berries consumed can kill you, cause memory loss or incapability of learning. Use to kill a cat who cannot be saved quickly.

White Snakeroot - All parts are poisonous, causing nausea and vomiting.

Yew - Can be used to contract poison as a medicine, or causing vomiting if consumed.

---------------------

Sicknesses:

Cough - A sickness that is like a human cold. Symptoms are just coughs and sneezes, though can be dangerous to kits or young cats. The best treatment is Tansy.

Greencough - A sickness similar to pneumonia that is often rampant among the Clans in leaf-bare. Symptoms include wheezing, coughing, puss excreted from the eyes, sneezing, fever and green phlegm streaming from the nose. The best remedy is Catmint and Feverfew.

Whitecough - A mild sickness like a cold. More common than greencough, but can become greencough or even blackcough. Symptoms include sneezing, coughing, white phlegm streaming from the nose and a slightly high temperature. The best treatment is Catmint.

Blackcough - A fatal sickness that spells certain death for any cat who catches it. Symptoms are intense chest pain, wheezing and coughing. It is a rare sickness for the cats and the best treatment is Catmint.

Chill - A very mild ailment usually caused by very cold weather or falling into icy cold water. Much like whitecough, but with cold chills instead of fever. The best treatment would be Catmint, Feverfew or Lavender.

Cracked Pads - A painful ailment usually seen in elders. The pads on the paws of a cat crack from the cold or dryness and if untreated can lead to infection. Symptoms include swelling of the paws and pain. The best treatment is Marigold, Dock or Poppy Seeds for pain.

Aching Joints (basically arthritis in cats) - Caused by old age and/or damp weather. Symptoms include pain and stiffness. The best treatment is anything that cures pain other than Poppy Seeds.

Bleeding - Blood loss due to injury, such as a wound sustained in battle. Severity depends on how deep the wound is. The best treatment is Cobwebs pressed onto the wound - pressure is the key.

Posioning - The case of eating Deathberries, poisoned fresh-kill, or a snakebite. The best treatment is Yarrow, Stinging Nettle, and in case of a bite by a snake/adder, use Snake Root.

---------------------

Healing Treatments and Mixtures:

Broken Bones - Wrap in Cobwebs, put on Comfrey pulp, use Poppy Seeds to dull pain.

Deep Wounds - Cobwebs, Marigold or Horsetail.

Displaced Joints - Give Poppy Seed and wait for effect. Then have the cat bite a stick while you give the leg a tug and hear it click into place. Give them another Poppy Seeds so they sleep.

Hurting Throat - Honey is best, but water can work as well.

Posion - If the poison has been eaten, give the cat Yarrow leaves so they vomit it up, have them vomit onto Dock leaves.

Prevent Infection and Soothe Pain from Burns - Comfrey and Honey.

Poultice for Aching Joints - Ragwort Leaves and Juniper Berries.

Poultice for Broken Bones - Stinging Nettle and Comfrey.

Rat Bites - A poutice of Burdock Root with Cobwebs on top, and Horsetail if it is available.

Minor Scratches - Marigold or Horsetail.

Shock - Thyme or Charmomile. Lick for to comfort, give water and Poppy Seeds.

Strengthening Herbs - Tansy, Watermint or Feverfew.

Toothache - Alder Bark.

Traveling Herbs - Charmomile, Burnet, Daisy Leaves or Sorrel. Lambs Ear and Ragweed also work.

Wrenched Muscles - Comfrey and/or water therapy.

--------------------------

Healing Remedies without using herbs:

Gently Nip Spine or Poke with Claw - This tests to see if the backbone is broken, if they don't feel anything then it is broken.

Lick Fur - It cleans wounds, brings down shock and warms up a cold cat - always lick the fur the wrong way.

Moss Soaked in Water - Sick or injured or weak cats can drink and can be used to cool feverish cats. It is also helpful in kitting.

Rosemary, Mint - Used to lighten the smell of death of a recently dead cat, used for burial and is respectful.

Sweeten Herbs - Nectar, Honey or Mouse Blood.

Water Soaking - Hold swelling wound in cold water, it takes down swelling and also soothes scraped pads.

Water Therapy - Have a cat with weak or hurting muscles or bones wade in water, eventually they'll get stronger.

Wailing, Yowling - If the cat doesn't have a sore throat and they have a illness, its the best for them. It keeps their lungs and chest clear.