Can You Keep a Secret?

The meeting with Negan was cut short and Dwight took me back to my room. 

"Negan was so excited to talk to you." He mentions. "I think he'll try again tomorrow."

"Okay." I mumble, shrugging my shoulders. Negan had to go take care of something. 

Dwight drops me off right in front of the door to Peter and Gianna's rooms. He bids me goodbye and I open the door. 

They were mad and knew how to hurt me and not make others notice. 

They mainly aim at my torso, sometimes pinching the mostly healed flesh of my cheek. 

They forgot to place me into the closet before they drank and passed out on the couch, leaving me to decide what to do. 

I could place myself in the closet, hoping that they would just forget about me. 

Or, I could roam the halls, hope that the cafeteria was open at midnight and get something to eat. 

I decide to roam the halls, I close the door slowly behind me as my feet carry me down the cold hallway. 

"What are you doing roaming the halls with no shoes?" Negan pipes up behind me, startling me.

"Uh. I got lost?" I came out more a question.

"It's cold as balls in these halls. Why are you not wearing shoes?" Negan repeats his question, walking up to me. He passes Lucille to Dwight who was on his right. I didn't see him too well in the dark.

"I lost them?" I shrug.

I'm startled when Negan picks me up, propping me on his hip and carrying me down the hallway like nothing had happened. The way he walked was like nothing was wrong. I may be tiny in height, but I was thirteen now. 

"You are a bad liar, kid." Negan pipes up as we enter a room.

I don't answer him as we enter the cafeteria. "You hungry?"

I nod my head, looking up at him as he motions for Dwight to get a tray. He has what I assume is the chef prepare a small meal for me. 

"Where are your parents?" Negan scratches his stubble. "You don't seem violent. They said that you were bat shit crazy around kids."

"I broke a kids nose once." I mumble, thinking back to the time with the fire hydrant.

"Your parents?" Negan sighs.

"I dunno." I shrug as Dwight places the tray in front of me.

"They did take you for clothes, right? And shoes?" Negan raises an eyebrow. "I told them to get you clothes."

"Yeah." I lie, look down at my lap.

"Eat up kid." Negan instructs, slapping some silverware onto the table.

I don't hesitate to shovel the food into my mouth, my empty stomach moaning with content.

"Jeez, ain't Rick ever feed ya?" Negan chuckles.

I ignore him and he reaches out and grabs my arm. "I asked a question kid." He frowns.

I wince at the pressure on my arm, head ducking down.

"You acted like I'm gonna beat the shit out of you." Negan pulls me closer to the table. "I ain't even grab ya that hard."

"You hurt Glenn." I mumble, coming up with a lie. "You hurt my daddy."

"Kid, that man ain't ya daddy. Your dad is right here." Negan grins.

He moves his hand to place it on my head, ruffling my hair but I flinch back away from his touch.