Floral Flannel

The rain pelted down, the slight sound of water hitting the pane glass windows. Sayori wore a rosemary like color hoodie, a pair of lazy sweatpants for raining days like the one right now. Sayori and Yuri texted constantly that night, with each cute little message she sent made her heart flutter, Yuri was more open in texting, she spoke freely and with no interruptions of her shyness taking a toll on her insecurities.

Sayori enjoyed poorly made horror films on days like these, she was eating a bowl of homemade noodles, beside her incident with Sora, she could actually cook quite well. The door bell rang and Sayori could swear she nearly had a heart attack that second, quickly putting her bowl down, broth spilling over the sides, quickly ran down the outer sides of the bowl to the bottom, pooling in a glum manner.

Sayori inhaled softly as she opened her door, greeted by the tall, graceful girl before her. She held her bag, it was decorated in pins of flowers, her hair pulled up, she was taken aback by this, she never wore her hair up and here she was gazing up to take in the rare sight of the adorable features this gracefully gentle giant wore like it was normal, she wore a white button up with a navy over sweater tucked into a black skirt, wearing her signature smile and gentle gaze.

Sayori felt underdressed compared to Yuri and rubbed the back of her head, stepping aside letting her in. Yuri did so humbly and took a look around for what she could see, smiling kindly as she slipped her shoes off respectfully at the door and closed her white umbrella setting it in the assortments of old umbrellas beside the door, she gave a cute sigh as she turned to the homeowner, "Your home is quite welcoming, the smell is very Pleasant" she said, Sayori blushed and stuffed her hands in her pockets, smiling small, looking down, "I-I lit a few candle around the house, it smelt of ramen.. so Ehheh" She gave a embarrassed giggle, before Yuri joined her, giving a genuine laugh before she sat down, each step she took, she swore the clouds swarming her head parted just enough to let the sun beam down on this angel- 'Wait! She's my friend, she would never find interests in a lazy bum like me..' she quickly shook her thoughts away and followed behind.

They spent their time working on the project with the shy brushes of their arms together every once in a while, Yuri seemed free with this girl before her, Yuri cracked jokes and seemed like a turtle finally coming out of her shell for the first time. Sayori got up and held her empty bowl, "Yuri, it's around that time for lunch. Anything in mind?" She spoke curiously as She walked to the kitchen, placing the bowl against the floor of the sink with a reassuring clink of the glass against metal. Yuri looked down at the project, the table was full of papers of work from the 1000 word novel they read in the class, the two girls managed to get half way done with this time consuming hassle in a manner of 4 hours. "How. about we go out?- I mean! By go out I meant like go somewhere!" Clearly flustered with her carefree word choice, pleading for the confused girl in the kitchen looking to her.

"Sure, Yuri!" Sayori beamed and looked down at her wardrobe choice and gave a weak smile "J-Just let me get in more appropriate clothing" she squeaked and quickly went up the stairs, leaving Yuri in the living room with the TV.

Sayori panicked quietly to herself, going through her clothes, coming across a pale pink crop top hoodie, the fabric like clouds under her shaky hold as she pulled it off the hanger with care and walked to her drawer, pulling out a pair of plain denim shorts, she sighed as she stripped from the comfortable clothing, slipping up the shorts with a slight struggle, she kept on her white knee high socks, she quickly came down the stairs, nearly slipping in result and chirped as she walked over to Yuri.

Yuri turned her head and quickly stammered at her friends outfit, her cheeks went rose as she stood up quickly, she got her purse from her bag and gave a shy giggle as Sayori went to her bag, kneeling down, unclamping her clips on her bag and opening it for her purse, it had a stitching of a white rabbit in the corner grazing a field covered in old doodles Yuri presumed were due to boredom most likely in class.

Yuri and Sayori parted from the home, the rain was still there but wasn't worth the hassle of a umbrella and began to walk down the sidewalk, Sayori broke the silence with the topic of "Hey.. Yuri that book you gave me.. it was really good, I enjoyed the read" the coral pink haired girl beamed as the girl who she found just too cute, quickly fluster, her fingers found themselves brushing her hair that was in close touch "T-Thank you Sayori.. I'm glad you liked it~" she said shyly first but quickly regained her standard and smiled sweetly to her, and as they walked down the sidewalk, they chatted about how the book was quite in a way corny and could've been prevented with the horrific event