Chapter Five, Water

"Is anyone here?" I asked.

The paper planchette moved to the "yes". I felt chills move up and down my spine. "Sayori are you doing this?" I asked.

      She shook her head though I didn't believe her, because I just watched her commit murder so I think that was reasonable. We continued playing and all we got were cryptic messages which I assumed Sayori was making. After awhile I threw the planchette aside and got up. I ran into my room and cried.  I thought I could stay strong but no, I couldn't. Being a witness shouldn't hurt me as it did but it did. Sayori ran in, I couldn't let her see me cry.

      I wiped my tears. "(Y/N), are you afraid of me?" Asked Sayori.

      I shook my head. "I don't want to hurt you." Said Sayori.

      I looked into her eyes trying to find sincerity. "But I might have to sometimes." Said Sayori softly.

      I moved back running into my bookshelf. "Monika tells me not to." Muttered Sayori.

      "But she doesn't own me.".

      My face was grabbed. "I've wanted you so bad and Monika has helped me, helped me gather courage to make bold actions." Sayori said while stroking my cheek.

       "I never thought I would continue after the first kill, Monika, but now I'm the only Literature Club member." Sayori said her tone raising as she slapped me.

      Any other presence in the room was gone, it was now quiet. I could tell Monika was not in the picture it was just Sayori and I. She pulled me up by my nose and made me sit on my bed. She exited the room for a minute. I couldn't move. Sayori had killed three people. For me. She did this for me. This was my fault. I grasped my warm sheets from beneath me as I prepared for what Sayori could be doing. She came back with a knife. The knife's tip was glowing red, it looked hot.

       Sayori sat next to me. She pressed the hot knife to my arm. It burned it burned so much. I wanted to tear my skin off. It was screaming and red. Sayori didn't stop until I let out a sob. She pulled the knife off and smiled at me as she sat the knife down on the bed, "This isnt love, Sayori." I said quietly.

       "Yes, it is, you don't understand love!" Yelled Sayori.

      I sighed this was a lost cause. I wondered through, why Sayori was like this. How she could obsess like this. Isolation? Depression? Isolation would mean she had nothing better to do but depression made more sense. If you are depressed naturally you try to find a distraction. But depression also comes with self destructive tendencies. Murder was hers and I was her distraction. I realized I had been spacing out. I turned back to Sayori. I was wrong for doing this but I did it anyways. I kissed Sayori's lips. "That is true love.".