Smoke and Mirrors

"Tokyo I'm so nervous, scared, anxious, frightened. I've never felt like this before." Whilst applying my highlighter on my nose he placed his hand on my right shoulder. "Kehlani you are the most beautiful, funny and kind woman in the world and nothing is going to change that. Now like you do all the time get on stage and kick some Lovatic asses!" I giggled to myself because ever since my mixtape 'Cloud 19' he's been my hair and make up stylist but not only them but he is like my best friend and brother in one. Through heart breaks, depression and my self harming situation he has been through all my dark days with me and I love him for that. I am broken from my thoughts when there is a knock at my dressing room door. "KEHLANI 4 MINUTES TILL STAGE TIME!" Suddenly I got this tingly feeling down my back and my throat started feeling like it was closing up. What if I step on stage and I go to sing and nothing comes out. It's not a big deal right I'm only guest starring on Demi Lovato's Tell Me You Love Me Tour... no pressure! Oh stupid obviously this is so big. If I mess up I'm not continuing with the other 31 cities, that is a promise.

I swing the door open with more confidence to get out there and head towards the main stage and there she was stood right in front of me. Her black shiny long hair in a high pony tail. When she hears my heels behind her she turns around and she looks stunning. No Kehlani you've just got over the hurt that Shaina caused. Plus Demi is a great friend get over yourself girl and she probably isn't even into you anyways. Instantly there are these arms wrapped around my body. I open my eyes and her pretty brown eyes and glistening white teeth stood out when she smiled at me. "What was that for?" "Thank you for coming on the tour as a guest and I want to tell you that you are amazing at what you do so I just want to remind you that whatever happens I'm here for you." I nod and thank her. "That really means so much Dem." "Now get out there and impress the fans and me, your biggest fan." I pull a small smile and soon after I am lifted up to the stage. Straight away, Crzy started playing. Dancing to that song and listening to the crowd singing along was music to my ears. Then Distraction and Gangsta started playing. This was going great, I couldn't believe I was actually here helping Demi out and I'm so grateful. Lastly, I gave a long speech about how it was okay to be gay and you are no different and started singing Honey, honestly that is one of my favourite songs I have ever wrote, then my last song was Thank You from my Sweet Sexy Savage album saying thank you to Demi. I see her at the side of the stage filming me on her phone and her grin went from ear to ear when I started talking. "Demi you are such and inspiration from your Camp Rock days to where you are now. I'm so thankful for you believing that I can do this and I promise to do the best I can so I want to dedicate this song to Miss Demi Lovato." She winked at me and it sent chills down my back, and don't worry they were good ones. Once I finished singing I said thank you to the fans and whilst they were cheering I went off back stage to be greeted by Demi quickly before she had to go on. She grabbed me in a tight squeeze so I hugged her back this time. "Kehlani get changed into something nice and wait in my dressing room." I nodded and wished her good luck and she thanked me and went to preform. Even more nervous now.

"TOKYO HELP ME! PICK CLOTHES FOR ME PLEASE DEMI IS GOING TO BE FINISHED SOON!" He was throwing clothes out of my rack that's how stressed I've made him. "Kehlani you will be fine you don't even know why you are going there in the first place so don't stress me or yourself out, thank you. Anyway this shows casual but sexy at the same time so it should look great on you." He put a black crop top that showed my cleavage, black high waisted baggy pants with Tupac on each leg with a half black, half white jacket.