(1) Sᴛᴀʀᴛɪɴɢ ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ

"No that's not the right mix, you doof!" I yelled at one of my father's grunts as he mixed in the wrong chemical to the liquid he was working on. I slapped him upside the head as he groaned in frustration. He restarted the mix as I gazed boringly at the test subject we were using. A Charmander that was taken a couple weeks ago from it's trainer.

I locked eyes with the Charmander as it whines for help and freedom and I almost felt sorry for it. I shook it off and decided to go to my room instead of watch my father's idiot grunts mess up even more experiments.

I walked into my room and nearly crashed on top of my bed. My room was mostly black but had splashes of red, blue and purple here and there. I changed into more comfortable clothes and grabbed a book to read. My best, and only, friend and pokémon, Eevee, jumped right next to me on my bed and positioned herself comfortably next to me.

"Heya girl. How're you doing? Any pain?" I asked concerned. Eevee shook her head and I relaxed knowing that she was feeling good. I thought about when I first met her and when we decided to partner up.

-Flashback (cuz they're fun)-
I was 6 years old, and it was the anniversary of the day that my mother had disappeared. I was missing her while I was sitting in my room staring at a picture of her, me and dad. Suddenly, I heard a cry outside my door and the yelling of my father's grunts, along with the stomping of running feet.

I leaped off my bed and decided to investigate. I ran outside my room and followed the sounds of the cries towards a coat closet that hadn't been used in years. I peeked inside to see a baby Eevee curled up in the corner, crying for its mommy. I crawled into the closet and talked with the Eevee. I calmed her down and felt a little better myself.

Suddenly, a bright light shone in my face and I blinked, realizing it was the opened door and the light coming from the outside. One of my father's grunts saw me and the Eevee together. He pushed me to the side and took the baby Eevee from its place next to me. I got out of the closet and asked my father what they were going to do with her.

"Some... tests, sweetheart. But don't worry, it's just a pokémon, nothing more." He led me back up towards my room as I kept my eyes on the squirming Eevee in the grunt's arms. After my father closed the door and I heard his footsteps walk away, I went back downstairs to the lab that my father did his experiments in. After looking in each room, I found them.

Eevee was on a table struggling to get away until a scientist injected her with a clear liquid that made her fall asleep. Soon after, a whole tray of needles with different liquids of different colors was brought in by another doctor. The needles were all so big and sharp, I started getting scared. One by one, they injected each one into Eevee, starting with a teal liquid, then a yellow, a red, a purple, next a black, then a light blue, a green and finally pink.

With each, the pain got worse for Eevee and she started waking up, feeling the pain and screaming in agony, louder and louder. I couldn't let her stay like that so I moved from my hiding spot and once the doctors were out of the room, I quietly snuck in, took Eevee and ran up to my room as fast as I could. I locked the door to my room and laid her down on my bed. I positioned her comfortably as thought about if she needed anything to make her feel better.

I snuck down to the kitchen and medical area and took some pokémon food, berries, potions, antidotes, and anything else I thought I might've needed. As I snuck up the stairs, I heard the panicked yelling of the doctors, grunts, scientists and my father searching for Eevee. I entered my room to find Eevee awake but weak. I healed her up and fed her until she felt better and we spent time hiding in my room. I fell asleep with her in my arms and felt actually happy for once today.

I woke to my banging on my door and my father yelling.

"Cassandra! Open the door this instant!" I hid the sleeping Eevee in my closet on a pillow covered by a blanket and opened the door to reveal my angry father.

"Where is it?" He asked me. I acted confused as though I didn't know what he was talking about. He didn't fall for it and searched my room and eventually, discovered Eevee. I pleaded with him to not do anything to her but he didn't listen. I don't remember anything that happened after. I blacked out or something but I do know, that when I came to that night, Eevee was asleep in a Pokémon bed right next to mine.

That day, was the first time I had trusted a pokémon. Eevee is my best and only friend. She is the only one I trust. I'm so grateful for that day.

-End Flashback-

I stayed in my room and read my book with Eevee next to me and relaxed. Until my peace and quiet were interrupted.

"Miss Cassandra, your father wishes to speak with you." I heard a knock on my door along with the announcement and groaned in annoyance. I'm finally comfortable and NOW he wants to see me? I changed into the Team Rocket uniform I got a while back and brushed my hair. I gave Eevee a hat I made her that matched my own and she sprang onto my shoulder.

I opened my door and was greeted by one of my father's grunts and he escorted Eevee and I to my father's room. I entered and saw my father sitting in his chair with giant screens behind him and his loyal Persian at his side. I noticed three shadowy figures leaning against a wall and realized that they were Jessie, James, and Meowth, 3 of my father's grunts that went out to kidnap Pokémon for him. 

"You wanted to see me?" I questioned my father.

"Yes, I did. I wanted to talk to you about going on a special mission for me." He said calmly, but I was excited. A mission?! Outside?! I get to go outside?! I contained my excitement and calmly responded.

"A mission? Really?"

"Yes. Jessie, James, and Meowth here have been trying to catch a pokémon for me that they say is extremely powerful. They haven't been able to catch it and it has been 5 years since they've started. My patience is wavering thin so I'm trusting you to go out, find out what kind of pokémon this is and catch it. I'm trusting you to report back to me whatever you find." He turned to Jessie, James, and Meowth. "And I'm trusting you, with my daughter. Let anything happen to her and you will suffer the consequences. Do all of you understand?"

I nodded in understanding and heard the other three worriedly rush him with "we understand" and "she'll be great!" I held back laughter and went back up to my room to pack. I grabbed a plain, black backpack and filled it with some clothes, hygiene items, medical items for me and Eevee and any extra stuff we might need. My father offered to let me use some Team Rocket pokémon but I refused, only wanting to take Eevee with me.

Soon enough, I made my way to the roof and was greeted by the Jessie, James and Meowth and a giant Meowth hot air balloon.

"Wow. And you haven't caught that pokémon yet? I'm surprised, you know? With your super hidden and not big and flashy at all balloon." I told them with sarcasm and smirked. They looked at me, annoyed with my comment and crowded into the balloon basket.

They lit the fire on, and the balloon started floating in the air. I looked out to see what held for my journey ahead. This is it! This is gonna be my pokémon journey! I won't mess this up! I looked back and saw my father standing through a big glass window, looking up at us as we drifted off in the dead of night.

I promise I won't mess this up, father.

A/n
Alright! That was fun! Don't really have anything to say, I just hope you enjoyed it and I'll see you guys next time!
Bye-bye!
-SS ⚡️