(10) ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ᴏf ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɴᴊᴀ

"Froakie, what if we tried combining moves? To kind of create like, Franken-moves?" We were on the way to Cyllage City when we decided to make a stop for dinner, training for Ash and his pokemon, and sleep. Ash was currently training Froakie for their upcoming battle at the rock-type gym while Clemont started on dinner and Serena, Bonnie, and I cared for the pokemon.

We brushed them, cleaned them, and made sure they were doing well for the road ahead. While Bonnie and Serena helped multiple pokemon, I stuck to Eevee the whole time. I still wasn't that comfortable with other pokemon so I was hesitant touching another.

As I brushed Eevee's fur, I heard a small high-pitched mumble and saw tiny, yellow feet step close to me. I looked up to see Pikachu with a brush in its mouth and its head tilt as if to ask me something. I stayed silent and acted as if I didn't immediately know what it wanted, even though we both knew I knew.

"Do... do you want me to brush your fur Pikachu?" I hesitantly asked it and was met with an eager nod and a brush in my lap. I looked to Eevee for help, but even she wasn't on my side on this one. She scooted out of my lap, sat next to me, and Pikachu slowly made its way onto my lap.

I stared at the brush in my hand and the top of Pikachu's head, alternating my gaze between the two. My hand was shaking as I neared the brush to Pikachu's head. I let out a deep sigh and gently placed it on Pikachu's head.

I started by brushing his fur so lightly, it almost seemed like I wasn't brushing at all. The more I brushed, the more comfortable I got with Pikachu. The next few minutes were calming while I brushed Pikachu's fur and took care of his needs.

After a while, we got tired of just sitting around, so Pikachu, Eevee, and I decided to walk over to where Ash was training to watch.

"Hey, Ash! How's the training going?" I asked him. He looked tired from all the training but satisfied with the results of his training. He eagerly told me all about the training they completed, the new strategies they came up with, and even new motivation tactics.

"Wow, Ash! I'm impressed! I may have only seen a little bit, but you were doing great!" He smiled as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Thanks, Cass-"

"I MYSELF DISAGREE!" We heard a yell come out of nowhere and immediately took a defensive position. Ash and I stood back to back while Eevee, Pikachu, and Froakie surrounded us, ready to attack.

A figure popped out of the dark forest and landed in front of us. Turns out, it was some guy around our age dressed in a ninja outfit. Next to him was a Frogadier, the evolution of Froakie.

He introduced himself as Sanpei and told us all about the ninja training he was doing in the forest with his Frogadier and how he was watching Ash while he was training too.

"I saw a lot of things wrong with your battling and am willing to happily take you under my wing! That is if you don't mind working alongside my other pupil." He gestured over to the forest where another person and pokémon jumped out from. I stepped back in surprise to hear another familiar voice.

"Hey, Cassie~"

"Huh?" The figure faced me and I saw his face.

Cameron's.

~

"Well, I'm off! I can't wait to see you guys again soon!" He started, waving to the whole group, then focusing on me. "Especially you Cassie." And with that, he walked off into the distance and my face turned bright red. HUH? What's that supposed to mean?? Oh Arceus, now I'm definitely blushing... ew...