(12) ɪ sᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ sᴏᴍᴇ Qᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʟ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɴᴏᴡ

Cassandra •

"Not to worry! I have an invention I've created specifically for a situation just like this one!"

"Seriously?"

"How?"

"The Automatic Pikachu Retrieving Device! It can sense Pikachu's electricity and track him and Eevee!"

"Ohh, it's a Pika-bot!" Clemont was clearly disappointed in Ash for dumbing down the complicated name but quickly brushed it aside so he could start powering up the machine. While Bonnie was skeptical of the machine and the sanity of her brother, I let myself laugh a little as Ash and I stood up from the ground and cleaned ourselves off.

The machine shot out a bright beam and we immediately started chasing after it.

Oh, I hope this works, Clemont...

The beam led us to the old, abandoned building we had seen earlier in the woods.

We stopped our running and caught our breath as we took in the view of the building in front of us.

The rotting building looked like the perfect place for some evil person to use as a secret hideout or hostage keep. As I gazed at the gross, dark building, Serena chimed in.

"Look! It's Officer Jenny's bike!"

"She must've come to investigate," Ash finished off the honey-blonde girl's thoughts before starting towards the outer gate surrounding the observatory. It was clear he was examining it and searching for an opening to crawl through, but he was unsuccessful.

Luckily, it was a normal fence... No barbed wire.

"Guess we're hopping the fence,"

"WHAT?"

*****

"Here, lemme help you, Bonnie,"

"You okay up there, Clemont?"

"YEAH! YEAH! I'M JUST PEACHY!"

"REALLY? You look more like a Tamato Berry to me!"

"CASSIE!"

While Ash, Serena, and I had little to no problem hopping over the simple, rusted fence, the siblings both a little help.

Bonnie, being the youngest of all of us, of course, needed a little extra help, while Clemont just lacked the physique and courage to climb over quickly. So, while I helped to make sure Bonnie got off the fence safely, Serena and Ash were stuck making sure her older brother wouldn't get paralyzed with fear and stuck.

Once we were all fully on the other side, and Clemont was fully recovered from the traumatic experience, we made our way into the dark building, following the trail of light the Pika-bot was sending out.

While we walked inside, we discussed a plan for finding Pikachu and Eevee, and possibly having to take down the mysterious Madame X.

"Ok, we should split into groups. Since it's our partners that are missing, Cass and I can search together, and Clemont, Bonnie, and Serena can be another group,"

"We'll take the cat," As much as I didn't want to bring him along, Meowth was the only one who's faced Madame X and survived being brainwashed... unfortunately, we needed him.

I looked over to the rest of my group and noticed Serena lower her head in disappointment.

"Hey, Ash, maybe you and Serena should-"

"Look! The signal on the Pika-bot! Come on, we'll go down this hallway, you two go the opposite way!" Clemont shouted out before I could even finish my thought and I let out a pout as the group split into different directions.