Chapter 6

You woke up the next day on the couch. Laying on your back you looked up at the roof wondering if Yoongi was still in your room, or if he had returned to where he belonged. Not feeling like going up yet, you closed your eyes and took some deep breaths.

"Can I stay?" you heard someone say and opened your eyes.

"Huh, I though you needed to go?" you said, stating what he had said yesterday.

"Well, I do.. But I want to stay, please.." he said looking at you with puppy eyes.

Thinking about it, you had no problem with it. Hopefully he wasn't a murder merman, and a nice one instead. Though, you didn't want to give up your bed, it was way more comfortable than the couch.

To be honest it was weird, but ever since you heard him sing and saw him, you had this weird feeling. Like you were connected to each other. But when you thought about it, it only sounded stupid, like the romantic books you have read, and well, the books you make.

"..Sure.." you said with a sleepy voice. Lifting yourself up you made your way to the kitchen.

"I'll go into town and buy you some clothes."

"Why can't I follow?" you looked back to him, and his clothes.

"I think it's better that I buy them, then we can go into the city when you're properly dressed."

He nodded, "Are you hungry?" you asked which he shaked his head to. "Not that much."

"Then I can drive to town now and on the way back I can just buy something home to eat."

"Okay." Yoongi looked at you and you turned your back to him grabbing a water bottle from the fridge.

"I'll be going then," you said. You were a bit unsure to leave him in your house. But he wasn't a strange man that had been hurt by the storm. He was a merman hurt by the storm.

Yoongi watched as you left, and wondered why you had agreed to let him stay. If a mermaid or merman had come home to him wanting to stay, he would be quick to show them to the door. But you were human, and he was a 'mythical creature' and that's probably why you let him stay.

He had thought alot last night about staying, he knew about the rules. But what could they do to stop him. And it didn't seem dangerous like they had said it was. What could possible happen.

While you were gone he decided to go out and swim in the pond. It wouldn't hurt to do so, and just because he was staying didn't mean he would become human, like you had said, he was only staying there for awhile. There was nothing permanent about that.

He made his way out of the front door and walked over to the pond. He took of your clothes he had borrowed and put them on a rock, jumping into the water. His tail appeared and he enjoyed the familiar feeling of water surrounding his body.

He had swam for about an hour when he heard the sound of your footsteps. He looked up at you, who were about to go into the house.

"Y/N HERE!" Yoongi yelled making you look back. You went to the pond.

"Here's the clothes" you said putting them on the rock where your own clothes were laying. Grabbing the old clothes he was wearing, you took a few steps back.

"I brought some food, just come in if you want any." Turning your back to him walking into your house. Walking into your bathroom and putting the clothes in your laundry basket.

Setting down the food on the kitchen table you sat down on a chair.

"Hey." you looked up and saw Yoongi who pulled out a chair, sitting down on it.

"Did the clothes fit?" you looked at his clothes.

"Yeah, they did."

Starting to eat, Yoongi did the same. It was silent, but a comfortable one.

Your mind was kinda blank, you weren't used to being with people.. or mermen either.

Finishing of your food you looked at Yoongi who was still eating. Maybe, just maybe, you could end up like one of the persons in those romantic books you write. Like, ending up with a merman, cliché.

"Will I be able to see the city today?" he asked, snapping you into reality.

"Yeah, sure." you said a bit coldly, not meaning for it to come out like that.

Looking at him, he thankfully hadn't noticed the change in your voice. Telling yourself to keep it together in your mind.

"I'm done." Yoongi said, once again snapping you out your own thoughts.

You got up and threw away the plastic boxes your food had been in.

"I'm just gonna grab my computer." you said and made your way to your room.

Walking over, you pulled out the charger from your laptop and grabbed the computer. Looking around you saw your bag and put the laptop in it.

You walked out of your room and saw Yoongi standing there, without shoes. "Damn it!" you muttered to yourself. Putting on your own shoes you said to him "I'll buy you a pair." Grabbing your keys you walked out of the house. Yoongi got out and you closed the door and locked it.

Walking to the backside of your house, where your car stood you opened the passenger seat door open for Yoongi to climb in. Closing it, you made your way over to the drivers seat, laying your bag in the backseats and turned on the car.

You were only at the start of the path to the city when you glansed a bit at him.

"Yoongi, can't you sing the song you were singing when you first had found the pond?" you asked.

Yoongi looked at you with surprise, then retreating his eyes to the small path that was infront of him.

He started to sing the melody making you smile.

____

Next Chapter: Wednesday