Devils Hooprints

this is a true north carolina urban legend.

TRUE STORYYYYYY

__________

Devils hoofprints

It was the day that thundred, a champion horse running horse and his owner, jesse elliot were challenged to a race by a strange man on a black horse, wearing a black hood, unable to see his face.

Jesse would take any challenge, and told him to meet him in an hour.

"Whoever wins owes a hundred dollars to the other." Jesse scolds.

Jesse was a rich man, and the dark horseman knew it.

"I hope you go to hell on this day!" Jesse laughed at the dark horsemans response.

At the site, the race was on the moment the men climbed on their horses.

They raced around tracks, jumped over fences.

At that moment, as the stallion thundered around a curve in the track, Elliott's horse suddenly twisted its head and shied. The beast reared and dug its hooves into the ground, and this violent movement sent Jesse Elliott sprawling from the saddle. The young hooligan was thrown against a large pine tree and killed instantly.

Some believe elliot went to hell on that moment.

The hoofprints that the horse left in the loamy soil, however, have remained visible in that spot for almost two hundred years.

Today, about a mile west of Bath, the round shallow depressions in the ground - the infamous "hoofprints" - are as visible as ever. And there are certain qualities of these depressions that have baffled and mystified people for generations.

Though unsheltered, the holes remain free of grass, leaves, pine needles, or debris of any kind. And history has revealed that if the depressions are filled with earth - or anything else - they are always found to be empty and clean not long after. Within a few hours, the next morning, or sometimes the next week, the holes always come up empty after any attempt to fill them.

For many years, an old decayed stump of a pine tree was visible near the depressions - supposedly the rotting remnants of the tree that had figured in Jesse Elliott's death.

Around the mid-20th-century, a newsreel cameraman named Earl Harrell arrived to get some pictures of these strange marks in the ground. He was told by local residents that chickens would eat corn from all around the holes, but that they would not touch any kernals that were actually in the depressions. Harrell decided to film his own experiment with chickens and corn, and the result was the same. The birds ate all of the corn from around the holes, but ignored the feed lying within the holes themselves - even after the surrounding ground had been picked clean.

Is there some natural explanation for the depressions in the ground, and for why they remain empty? Or were these marks left by a horse whose rider was on his way to hell?

Like the "hoofprints" themselves, the mystery remains.

Note: these footprints are on private property an are not allowed to public.

_____

THE LAST PART IS A LIE!

THE HOOFPRINTS ARENT ON PRIVATE PROPERTY!

I decided to include that so I could tell you people say that, so people wont mess with the prints.

A friend of mine went to see them, yes, they are there and they are real.

But over time they must have started to go away, because they are barely visible, no longer very deep, or looking fresh.

More like a bootprint in the rain.

He did put something in the print, and yes it was gone.

SO I HOPE YOU LIKED!