15 Years Old

This is a different take on Civil War, but Peter has a better suit since he has Stark technology available to him.

Finishing evening patrols was always a little bittersweet. On one hand, he liked to buy himself a sandwich from Mr. Delmar, a local shop owner in Queens. On the other hand, he knew he'd have to retire to the Tower for the evening despite the remaining crime. He couldn't very well say Decathalon practice went until midnight, but at least his parents believed him when he said he wanted extra practice with Ned and MJ. Even after a year, he had yet to encounter a problem. Until tonight, apparently.

He had just taken a bite of his sandwich when he heard the sound. Without having to turn and look, Peter knew the Iron Man suit was heading straight towards him and he had no way to avoid it. Adjusting his mask and hoping Iron Man wasn't there because his dad had found out about Spider-Man, Peter braced himself for an argument.

"Spider-Man? Got a moment?" Iron Man asked, lifting the face plate to reveal Tony inside.

Peter shrugged, finishing his bite of sandwich. If he was lucky, this was all just a huge misunderstanding. Unfortunately, Peter knew what his dad's definition of 'a moment' was, so he wasn't surprised when he climbed out of the suit and joined Peter on the edge of the building.

"I've seen you on YouTube," Tony told him, "You're pretty good. What's your name?"

Peter didn't respond, hoping his dad would get the hint he wanted to remain anonymous. It was completely possible that if he talked, he would recognise Peter's voice as well.

"Fine," Tony said, "You can keep your secret, but here's the deal. I need your help."

Peter frowned, his mouth still exposed through the lifted face mask. Why did Iron Man need help? What was happening?

"The team and I have had a bit of a falling out and I need you to help stop them from leaving the country. Think you can do that?"

Peter hesitated. Sure, he wanted to help his dad if necessary, but if he had to fight the team, it wouldn't be something he enjoyed. Besides, how was he supposed to keep his identity a secret?

"Do you talk?" Tony demanded, "Cause you haven't said anything and I feel like this is a one-way conversation."

"I talk," Peter blurted out. Tony looked taken aback for a moment, and in an attempt to backtrack, Peter changed his voice as he said, "I just don't like to."

Tony looked at him sceptically but nodded nonetheless. Man, he must really need Spider-Man's help.

"Great," Tony said, standing up and brushing off his pants. "You know where I live? I've got a new suit for you. Stop by then we're off to Berlin."

Peter nodded and watched as Tony got back in his suit, returning to his sandwich.

"That means now, kid."

Peter was the one caught off guard by Tony this time. Had his dad been able to recognize his voice that quickly?

"Sorry, you just remind me of my son. Be at the tower in five," Tony instructed. With that, he shot off into the sky.

* * * * *

It was difficult keeping his face out of Tony's line of vision. Luckily, Tony'd had the decency to leave while Peter changed, promising not to try and figure out his identity. Although he trusted his dad to keep his word, Peter put the face mask on first thing. When an AI's voice welcomed him, he immediately froze in horror. The AI immediately recognized Peter and he frantically begged her not to tell Tony. It took some convincing but by the time Peter had changed completely and loaded the plane, the AI had agreed.