15 Years Old

Depicts drinking and high school parties. Mind your triggers.

The last place Peter wanted to be was at home. His dad was busy dealing with the Avengers' split and the Accords, so he was never around and when he was, he was so irritable that Peter couldn't say or do anything without wondering if it would cause his dad to get upset. The split had been hard on both of them, but Peter didn't think Tony knew how hard it had been on him. There was no one to talk to about it. Steve and Natasha were both fugitives and Tony brushed him off.

Not wanting to go home any sooner than necessary, Peter found himself wandering through Ned's neighbourhood. He was talking himself into going to the subway when he came across a house. It was in the middle of a party where teens were making out on the front lawn and music was playing loudly. Curious, Peter walked up to it. He didn't know much about parties (nothing at all, actually), so he didn't join in. At least, not until someone called out to him and invited him in.

"It's dope, man," the kid said before leaving Peter in the middle of the living room.

Peter found himself in the kitchen a few minutes later. There was some punch sitting out, but Peter knew it was probably spiked. However, it would be nice to get his mind off the fight with the Avengers. No, his dad would kill him if he found out Peter had gone to a party let alone gotten drunk. Still, the idea of forgetting about the Accords and Avengers was tempting.

Taking a cup of punch, Peter drank it so fast he wasn't sure what flavor it had been. He quickly refilled his cup and downed it again. His metabolism would take care of the alcohol quicker than normal, so he didn't bother slowing his drinks even as he felt his body feel lighter and he began to forget where he was and why. Pretty soon, he was stumbling around the house and on the dance floor with a strange girl grinding against him.

Peter let the girl tug him outside after dancing. Giggling, he stumbled after her and frowned when she let go of his hand. Turning away from him, the girl threw her arms around another guy then proceeded to make out with her. Offended and confused, Peter was about to go up and ask her why she'd left him, but his phone rang.

Fumbling it out of his pocket, Peter leaned against the house as he answered. "Hello?"

"Peter? Where are you? Ned says you left hours ago," his dad said. Peter hiccuped and Tony froze. When he took a moment to listen to the background noise, Tony knew Peter was not where he was supposed to be. "Are you at a party? Peter, whose party are you at?"

"Dunno," Peter shrugged.

The action made Peter drop his phone and he missed Tony's response as he tried to pick it up again. Tony cursed and told FRIDAY to track Peter's location.

"There's this good punch," Peter told him, his words slurring dangerously. "It's kind of fruity, but it's also sour. It's good."

"You drank the punch?" Tony exclaimed.

Peter pulled the phone away sharply, frowning at Tony's loud voice.

Tony took a deep breath then said, "I'm coming to get you. If you're drunk when I get there you're grounded until you die."

Peter just grinned and Tony hung up. When Peter realised his dad wasn't there anymore, he put his phone back in his pocket and attempting to find his way back into the kitchen. If his dad was coming to the party, he should try some of the punch.

When Tony arrived, Peter was standing in front of the house with a punch cup in each hand. He had drunk one and was arguing with himself about whether or not he should drink the other, but he knew he should save it for his dad. At the sight of the familiar car, Peter smiled sloppily and stumbled forward. Jumping out of the car, Tony met him halfway.

"Try it!" Peter exclaimed, holding out the punch cup.

Tony took the cup and dropped it on the lawn. Gently grabbing Peter, he helped him stumble back to the car and buckle up. Although furious that Peter had gone to a party—at a stranger's house no less!—he tried not to lash out.

"What's got you all grumpy-grumps?" Peter giggled. Tony took a deep breath to calm down before he dared to glance at Peter.

"You're drunk out of your mind," Tony said. Peter nodded. "Why, Peter?" he asked in exasperation.

Peter shrugged.

"You never listen to me anymore," Peter told him, propping his head up on the window sill and looking outside. "You're always so busy with the Accords and the Avengers split up that you haven't been very nice to me, so I figured if I drank some of the punch, all the bad things would disappear and they did!" Peter said, throwing his hands up happily.

"You know I'm busy, kid," Tony told him, "That's not new."

"But you hate me now," Peter whined. He raised a limp finger and pointed at his dad as he said, "That's new!"

"I don't hate you, Peter," Tony replied softly, "What makes you think I hate you?"

They were nearing the Tower now, only about five minutes out, but Tony wanted to get to the bottom of when Peter had decided to drink. If he had to drive around the block again, he would.

"I'm Spider-Man." Peter shrugged. "I didn't tell you. There are lots of reasons why," Peter told him.

Tony sighed and shook his head.

"I don't hate you, Peter," he repeated.

He knew Peter wouldn't remember anything in the morning, but he made a mental note to ask him what was going on that made him want to drink. Once he was sober and no longer suffering from a massive hangover, that is.

"Am I grounded 'til I die?" Peter asked as they pulled into the garage below Stark Tower.

"Yeah, kid," Tony said, helping Peter out of the car. "You're grounded forever."