25 Years Old

Tony wasn't expecting FRIDAY to wake him up at 2:37AM with an urgent announcement. He had hoped he would be getting a full night of sleep, but when did things ever go perfect?

"Sir, it appears Mrs. Stark-Jones has gone into labour."

If Tony was planning on responding, it wouldn't have mattered. It was seconds after FRIDAY had delivered her message when Peter's voice was echoed through the speakers.

"Dad! Michelle's in labour!" he said, clearly panicking. "I'm gonna go to the hospital. Just, you should probably drive because, well—"

Michelle's voice cut through. "Can you please drive us to the hospital?" she asked, "Peter's freaking out and I'm in labour."

"Meet me in the garage," Tony told them, jumping out of bed.

FRIDAY hung up the phone call and Tony stumbled out of his room, phone in hand as he pulled a shirt over his head. He quickly texted the team, telling them that Michelle was in labour and they were headed to the hospital.

When he got to the garage, he saw Michelle with her hand on her very round belly calmly standing by the car while Peter fussed over everything. As she grimaced slightly, Peter freaked out.

"Are you okay?"

Michelle glared at him, but relaxed when she saw Tony running towards them.

"I'd be better if you weren't so panicked," Michelle told him, climbing into the backseat.

Peter slid in next to her as Tony jumped in the front seat. Speeding out of the garage, Tony got them to the hospital in record time. Michelle led them into the hospital with Peter stumbling after her and Tony trying to keep him calm. With the baby bag in one hand and Michelle's hand held tightly in the other, Peter followed them all inside in a disoriented daze.

Tony was the one who approached the receptionist desk and upon telling the nurse that Michelle was in labour, they were taken back to a private room. At least no one would be able to stare at him while Peter had a breakdown.

* * * * *

Tony left the room when Steve texted him to say the team was in the waiting room. Thankful for an excuse to leave, Tony had hurried right out of the room and left the nurses to handle the two. Peter was still an absolute mess and as more painful contractions started, Michelle wasn't particularly pleasant to be around. Tony also wasn't too sure he was supposed to be there when the baby was born, so he went out to the lobby to join the team.

"Labour on Midgard takes so long," Thor said after many hours. Although no one responded or asked about labour on Asgard, Thor happily told them stories until a nurse appeared.

"Family to Peter and Michelle Stark?" she asked, looking around the waiting room. When the whole team stood up, she stepped back and smiled nervously. "If you would like, you may see the baby now," she told them.

They all nodded eagerly so she led them down the hall to Michelle's room.

Tony was the first one to enter the room. Spotting the bundle of blankets in Michelle's arms, he hurried over to her and looked down at the baby. She and Peter had refused to tell anyone the gender or name they had chosen, so of course, that was the first question asked by the others. Michelle was the only one able to answer as both Tony and Peter were too busy staring and the very small human.

"Meet Anthony James Stark," Michelle said, shifting so the others could admire the baby too. "We've decided to call him AJ, though, so it won't be confusing."

"I want to hold him!" Natasha said first, raising her hand. She shoved her way through the team as the others groaned and Michelle carefully handed AJ to her. He blinked and she grinned.

"Grandpa's turn!" Tony announced a minute later. He gently took AJ out of Natasha's arms and bounced him carefully. "He's perfect," Tony said, looking up at Peter and Michelle. He felt tears prickle his eyes and knew the others could see them, but no one said anything.

"My turn!" Rhodes exclaimed, carefully taking AJ from Tony and beginning the game of pass the baby.