37

✎ all rights reserved 2018

✎ lower caps intended

"great job, jihyo." saejin grinned brightly at the girl. saejin softly played with the hem of her p.e. shirt as they walked by the curb outside the school.

jihyo's street was coming up, and so saejin just smiled at her. "go, you need rest. today was probably hectic." saejin pats the girl's shoulder. jihyo nods, "i'll see you at school tomorrow." she waved, saejin sighs.

her mother wasn't able to pick her up today, but it somehow relieved her. it made saejin feel independent and mature. she decided that she liked this feeling.

"hey," loud footsteps came pounding from behind her, as she glanced curiously at the commotion the boy was making. lai kuan lin came running toward her, not caring if his street was all the way at the other side. he convinced himself he cared so muh about saejin because girls aren't supposed to be out late at night, not because he liked her or anything!

"what's up?" saejin says, trying to mask how tired she was. "i just realized! we — we never really got to introduction — introduce! ourselves." kuan lin quickly stammered, trying to avoid suttering, to which he quickly failed at. saejin giggled slightly, "kim saejin." she extends her hand. kuan lin excitedly shook it, to hopefully distract her from his nervousness.

"lai kuan lin." he practically rapped out, but still, saejin was able to understand. she giggles again, softer this time, and shook her head. she finalls spoke again, "so tell me what brings you here?"

kuan lin was taken aback, why exactly was he there anyway? he blinked twice with wide eyes before finally remembering the reason he was there. he had his jacket in hand and glanced fondly at saejin.

"i wanted to give you my varsity jacket."