5. Now

Now...

Friday morning Terra didn't have any bad dreams to wake from. Friday was a little bit easier than Thursday... that was, until about four hours after she got home.

Terra got ready in the morning, went to school, (without her necklace) and got home by about three.

She had felt some sense of loss throughout the school day not having the necklace with her, as if she was doing something wrong by leaving it unattended; but it wasn't enough for her to go back and get it. In fact, after she got home, she didn't even bother to check if it was still there.

Those four hours after she got back home were mostly spent reading or looking through her telescope. It was about three and a half hours after getting back home that Sarah started to blare music from the stereo in her room. Black Eyed Peas, her sister always listened to Black Eyed Peas.

It was after Sarah had replayed the same song about five times when Terra finally checked her dresser. It was around seven.

Terra opened the right drawer discreetly, pushing aside piles of socks. Her necklace wasn't there.

She rechecked a few times more after reaching this conclusion, but the results stayed the same: her necklace was gone. This was when irrationality began to set in. She began pulling out sock after sock, sifting through them, inside and out, as if her necklace had somehow jumped inside one of its own accord.

Then she checked the other nearby drawers for the necklace, pulling out clothes and belongings in the process.

Then she began checking any other place around her room it might be.

Next, after those futile attempts, came Sarah's room.

She banged on the door. "Sarah! Open up!" Terra found herself demanding.

There was a pause as the music turned down slightly, then Sarah popped a head out the door, holding her short strands of hair up in a tumult of hair pins and hairspray.

"What do you want?" Sarah snapped.

Terra was taken aback. "What are you getting all done up for?"

"Lauren's party." Sarah said it slowly as if it were obvious.

Terra had forgotten about that. That was right, it was Friday night. The neighbor was holding her party with her tattooed boyfriend tonight. Terra should have known Sarah was getting ready for a party, anyway.

"So you just thought you'd steal my necklace while you were at it, wear it when you were out? Huh?" Terra accused.

The look of confusion on Sarah's face was a dead giveaway. "Heck, I don't know what you're talking about." The door to Sarah's room was pushed shut again and the music went back up to even higher its previous volume.

Terra huffed.

That night it took her all of another two hours to wear herself out into sleep. Thirty minutes into that two hours, Sarah had left for her party, turning off the music suddenly and slamming the front door behind her.

Terra was too busy excavating the entire place for her necklace to notice. She searched every room thoroughly. She even checked all the porches, as if it had floated out a window. She knew no one had stolen it. Then again, had someone?

Oh, who was she kidding, she knew the more probable answer. Though, maybe it shouldn't have been probable, because it sounded pretty irrational: her necklace had disappeared of its own accord, or rather, transported.

What kind of a necklace had her Gran owned? Had Gran known how completely abnormal her necklace was?

The only thing left to do was find out where the necklace had gone.

She would find out soon.

Though, in the meantime, she inevitably convinced herself that she was wrong about it. Maybe it had all been a dream. She had imagined the football field trip. Her necklace had been... stolen or something.

All these thoughts circled her head as she fell asleep on her bed in a near hysteria.

a/n: It's a short chapter, but very interesting, right?

Do you think Sarah stole it? Me neither:p

Let me know what you think by commenting, voting and reading on, my friends:)

Chay