Chapter 15

"How much are these pills going to cost?" I asked the doctor once she explained what was going on with me. I basically am a freak show who needs several types of pills.

"Well there are 3 different types so let me add it all up together." He quickly got out a calculator and typed away.

"900 dollars." He said. I feel like my stomach dropped from a cliff once he said it.

"Where do I get these pills for her?" Jacob cut in.

"Your nearest pharmacy could have them in by the end of the week." He conversed with Jacob.

"Deal." Jacob said as he looked over at me. I shook my head rapidly,back and fourth.

"Okay I will subscribe them to the pharmacy. You two have a good day." He stood up and walked out of the room.

"You can't pay that much money!" I yelled at him.

"It's not even that much!" he threw his hands up in exaggeration.

"$900.00 each time I need them renewed." I began to sob. My head started to spin so I covered it with my hands.

"I am paying for your health. I'm paying for our love. I'm paying for the voices to go away. I have plenty of money. I love you Becca so please just let me pay for your wellness." He hugged me tightly. I didn't say anything I just cried into his lap.

"Are you sure you can pay?" I asked.

"I have a lot of money. Of course I can." He ran his fingers through my hair.

"I have to tell Caleb everything." I sighed and sat up.

"We can tell him together if you want." We both stood up and I put my jacket on. We headed out of the office, earning a few goodbyes from nurses. We got into the car and drove back home where we proceeded to tell Caleb my health.

-

"And Jacob insists on paying for it." I finished telling Caleb the story. Jacob sat beside me, holding my hand while rubbing circles on my thumb. Caleb let a few tears fall which broke my heart but he new he needed to be strong.

"Jacob I thank you for doing this." Caleb stood up and so did Jacob. They hugged for a brief second. I smiled at them getting along.

"You wanna go to my house?" Jacob asked.

"I would love to." I smiled. It was a Sunday night and the sun was setting so I wasn't really sure what he had planned. He has done so much for me over the past few weeks that I've known him and for that I am grateful.

"I can't believe it's the last week of school." Jacob said as we crossed the grass to get to his house.

"I'm happy about it. Gotta study for finals." I replied. He opened the front door and we walked into the house that I've become very familiar with.

"Well since I was so blessed to be in your classes we can study together." He smirked as we walked upstairs and into his room. I sat on the bed and chuckled lightly.

"I think your study and my study are different."

"What's that supposed to mean?" he walked over to me and grabbed my wrists so that I wasn't able to move. He tends to do that a lot though, grab my wrists, he was one to take charge I guess.

"Mine version includes books and papers. Yours I think includes my lips and your lips." I spoke shyly. He slowly leaned forward and pressed his lips on mine. I kissed back and Jacob slowly laid me down on my back. His lips tasted like mint and I was addicted. He kissed me quickly over and over again. I reached for his shirt and started unbuttoning it. He stopped kissing me and grabbed my hands, which caused me to stop.