Chapter 39

I wish I could tell you that the next morning everything was fine and I woke up with no problem.

But I can't.

5:45 am

I felt a slight pain in my stomach as I rolled over onto my side. Jacob was snoring lightly, sound asleep. I gripped my side, thinking the pain would subside.

I didn't work.

I then had the urge to throw up. I urged myself out of bed and ran into the bathroom, not even turning on the light. I bent over the toilet and threw up my dinner, and my lunch, and possibly my breakfast. I threw up again this time blood had appeared.

Jacob ran into the bathroom and turned on the light. Vomit kept coming up and spilling into the toilet. Jacob ran over to me and held my hair back.

"Blood." He mumbled.

"I'm okay." I faintly said. I flushed the toilet when I felt that I was finished but I couldn't stand up.

"Jacob." My eyes were to weak to open.

"I have to get you to a hospital." He scooped my up in his arms. Tears fell from my eyes as he rushed around the room with me in his arms. I just allowed myself to cry.

"My stomach hurts." I cried.

7:30am

I was in a hospital bed right now. Of course I was. Most of my life I am here.

The doctor had taken blood tests to see what is going on. I've thrown up a good 4 times since I've been here. Jacob is on the phone canceling his last Cali show that was scheduled for tomorrow night.

I am seriously the biggest issue ever.

If it's not one thing it's the next.

"Hey." Jacob huffed as he came back into the room and sat down in the chair next to my bed. He grabbed my hand and smiled at me. Even through the hardest times he is always here for me.

"I'm so sorry." I groaned. I was a little stronger now than I was 2 hours ago.

"It's okay. Your okay. I'm okay. Now eat some of this jello, the doctor said to." He ripped of the foil lid and grabbed the spoon. He spoon fed me about half of it before I felt the need to throw up again.

"It's probably just food poisoning." Jacob sighed.

"Yeah probably." I closed my eyes, feeling tired.

"Do you need to get some rest?" he asked.

"Do you?" I asked.

"Yeah scoot over." Jacob announced. Jacob moved me over, knowing I wasn't strong enough to do it myself.

2:46 pm

Doctors should have the results very soon. I am starting to get anxious as Jacob is trying to stay calm.

"Becca my love, please calm down." Jacob paced back and fourth. The door knob twisted and our heads snapped into the direction of the door.

My doctor who I was assigned to walked in with a straight look on his face. I felt my stomach tie up in knots so I gripped onto it.

"Good afternoon Rebecca." He said in his old husky voice. He cleared his throat and sat down in the chair next to the bed.

"Jacob come over here." I demanded as nicely as I could. He paced over to me then sat on the bed and grabbed my cold hand. We looked at the doctor intently as he shuffled around with his papers.

He sighed.

2:53pm

"Rebecca," the doctor started.

"You have cancer."

I gasped.

----------------------------

.............

Hi