03.

ORIGINALLY WRITTEN: JULY 06, 2014

EDITED: OCTOBER 21, 2015

03.

"I can't believe you have a stash of gum in your bra." Luke shakes his head as he rejects the piece of gum that I offer him.

I stuff that one in my mouth and pull out another piece of gum. It's not weird. I'm pretty sure almost every girl can come up with at least one weirder thing that they've ever stuffed in their bra.

"Well believe it because I do. And it's not weird. Girls keep way weirder things in their bra than gum." Guys cannot possibly understand how normal things are for girls when their bodies are so much different.

"I'm still not taking a piece." Luke shakes his head again and leans back, resting his back on the elevator doors.

We stopped banging and calling for help a long time ago when we realized that it probably isn't getting us anywhere. For all we know, the hotel managers have already called someone to fix the elevator and get us out of here. We won't know until we finally get out. We've finally come to the realization that what happens from now on is out of our hands. There's no use worrying about it.

And actually, it's kind of... nice to be secluded in this tiny elevator. It's like we are the only two in the world. At the moment, there's no one but us and it's a sort of... freeing feeling.

"You are a wuss. There is a wrapper on it for fucks sake! You won't get cooties." I shake my head and throw the piece of gum at Luke. I smile with my lips together as it bounces off of his chest and rolls onto the floor.

Stasia: 1, Luke: 0.

He stares at the piece of gum for a while before he gives in and picks it up. I watch as he unwraps it and shoves it in his mouth, crumpling the wrapper and throwing it back at me.

"Hey! That was rude! I was looking for a simple thank you. That would have been enough." I give him an expecting look and when he doesn't say anything, I huff and roll my eyes. So much for getting any sort of manners out of him today.

"No matter how much you think I should say it, I'm not saying thank you to you for giving me your bra candy." Luke chuckles.

We settle into a comfortable silence for a while. Not even the usual purr of the elevator sounds, making it a complete silence.

I glance at Luke who seems to be lost in his thoughts. When he isn't talking or insulting me, he's actually good company. A shock of blond hair falls over his eyebrow as he traces the patterns on his shorts.

Finally he speaks up, "When do you think that we're going to get out of this stupid elevator?" He blows a huge bubble, which I stick my finger out and pop.

"Whenever the idiots out there realize that we're in here and help us, of course." I reply in a duh-tone. How the workers who get paid for watching the camera footage of the hotel haven't seen us and come to our rescue yet? I don't know. But I plan to have a long talk with management after I get out of this elevator.

"And how long do you think that'll take?" He inquires, blowing another bubble. I decide not to pop it this time. I watch as it gets bigger and bigger. Then it pops, sticking against his face and nose. I stiffle a laugh.

"I don't know. It depends on how much they pay the people watching the footage. If it's not much, I can pretty much bet that we got stuck right in the midst of their eight hour nap time." I giggle and raise my eyebrows at him. It's ridiculous how low security this building is for how expensive it is. Though, the price is ridiculously high only because we're in Los Angeles.