05.

ORIGINALLY WRITTEN: JULY 08, 2014

EDITED: MARCH 04, 2016

Apparently, joking is not always the answer in an awkward situation. It just ends up making things even more awkward. I have to learn things the hard way.

I crawl out of the elevator on my hands and knees, literally kissing the ground once I'm all the way out. I've been saved!

"So, other than eating Luke Hemmings' face off, how have you been?" Emily crosses her arms with a scowl on her face. Whoa, gorilla angry...

"You know him?" I point at Luke with a confused look on my face while I stand up. I've never remembered her mentioning him. Is he really that well known or has she run into him in this building recently?

Emily uncrosses her arms and widens them in a why-of-course gesture. "Of course! What fanfictions did you think I was reading?"

"You read fanfictions about us?" Michael gives Em a weird look and scoots farther away. I'd be weirded out too if a girl read a book written about me and then actually meeting her.

"Oh, it's not weird until you actually know the person." Emily waves him off, not fazed and turns to me. "If you would have listened to me talk about 5 Seconds of Summer all the time, you would know that Luke is my favorite."

I raise my hands in surrender and back up. "Em, I had no clue. Don't get mad. We were just playing twenty questions."

Emily laughs. It is genuine, not one of those evil villain laughs that you get in the superhero movies. "Which version of twenty questions were you two playing? Because the version I know of does not include sucking lips."

"Ew! Stop!" I shove Emily while giggling a little and blush. Sucking lips is not a very... attractive term to use when describing kissing. "There are people present."

"I know. That's why I said it. Embarrassment is a bitch." Emily grins, seeming to forgive me quickly when she realizes that she's in the presence of her idols and hugs me. "So how about some dinner?"

"Uh, Em? We don't have any food. That's how I got stuck in the elevator in the first place." I give her a blank stare, wondering if she's gone stupid.

"I meant let's go out to Pizza Hut." She offers, raising her eyebrows.

"Seriously?" I jump up and down and clap my hands together. Pizza is life.

"Yeah. The boys were going and Michael invited me." I shrug off how she's already made plans after I was just stuck in an elevator for who knows how long. I'm starving and really don't care where we go to eat as long as I eat.

"How long were we stuck in there?"

"Little over seven hours. We just found out an hour ago that it was you though. Don't ask how. It's complicated." Emily tell me, rubbing her forehead. She seems to have a headache.

Good. I don't want to know. "Okay. I'll go to Pizza Hut." I grab my combat boots from the elevator. "Just let me get ready. I probably look wretched."

"Wretched? Who even uses that word anymore?" Emily asks with a bewildered look on her face.

"Me. I do." I stomp off towards the stairs before stomping back.

"What floor are we on?"

"Six." Emily looks amused and it just pisses me off more.

"It's not funny." I snap and stomp off to the stairs and take them all the way up to level 9 and barge into our room.

I brush out my hair and shrug at its somewhat waviness. I apply my make up and change into jeans and an old softball t-shirt before plugging in my phone to charge and taking the stairs back down to the sixth floor. I'm never taking the elevator again. Like, ever.