Ch1- Seperated

~Daryl~

I forgot what I was doing before I saw the governor holding Hershel and Michone captive.Me and Carl sat to the side, both of us aiming our guns at the governors head.

"I can kill the governor right now," Carl murmured. I noticed how steady he was holding the gun, very comfortable with it.

"From fifty yards away," I asked sarcastically.

"I'm a good shot," he said.

"If you miss, they kill them. If you don't miss, they will still kill them," I tried to convince him. To be completely honest, I was using all of my might to stop myself from killing that son of a bitch right now. But I knew that even if I hit, they would retaliate and kill Hershel and Michone.

Rick was trying to make an agreement with him. I wasn't really paying attention to what he was saying. I was zoning it all out, focusing on little movements. I saw the governor put the katana against Hershel's neck. My breathing hitched, and I could seriously feel everyone at the prison tense up, ready to shoot. Rick continued to try and convince him, and for a second I thought it was working.

The governor slowly began moving it away from his neck, but to our avails, he said," You liar." He swung and we watched him slice into Hershel's neck. It seemed like it was going in slow motion, and there was an immediate response of all of us fighting. As we shot I cringed at the sound of Beth and Maggie screaming. Their screams were filled with both anger and sadness.

From then on out everything moved so quickly. The governor and his assholes were suddenly inside the prison with the tank. All you could hear was gunshots and explosions.

At one point, I was hiding behind a filing cabinet, taking on three guys. It wasn't going to well, and luckily I had looked behind me to see a walker. I killed it, and used it as a shield, walking closer and closer to them. I hoped the bullets wouldn't go through, and once I got close to them, I threw a grenade.

"GRENADE," one of them shouted. I turned back around, turning my attention to a couple of walkers that had strolled through the new hole in our fences. I took them out easily, and seas Beth approaching me.

"Have you seen the kids," she asked.

"No, but we gotta get outta here," I said, grabbing her arm and taking off.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now we are standing in the middle of the forest, catching our breath. I look over at Beth, who seriously looked like she was about to die.

"Are you alright," I asked, still trying to catch my breath. She nodded. She stood there sort of hunched over catching her breath. She was covered in sweat, and looked like she was about to pass out.

"Come on, we have to keep going," I muttered. I began walking deep into the forest.

"Wait, what about the others," she asked. She stood her ground, and I knew it might be a bit difficult to convince her to keep going.

"Beth. The last thing I saw was the bus taking off, the prison in ruins, and a shit ton of walkers," I paused. "There's nothing left. Anyone in the bus is miles ahead of us and I doubt they plan on turning around. We gotta keep going."

"My dad would've wanted us to go back," she yelled. I ran my hand through my hair.

"No. No he wouldn't. He would've wanted you to be safe, and trust me, if we go back we are walker food," I said bitterly, my patience running out.

She stood there thinking for a moment.
"Beth. Even if there were people left, we can't take on that many walkers alone. We have a gun, and a crossbow. No back up. We wouldn't make it," I said.

She stood there. After what felt like a long time, I began to hear moans as groans, followed by footsteps.

"Make up your mind now Beth." She nodded, and we were off again, running deeper and deeper into the forest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HELLO! How was the first chapter my lovelias🌺? Please give me feedback, (positive not negative) and stuff! Thanks for reading. Bye