Ch 24- Seperation

~Daryl's POV~

Shit. The hotel would NEVER be able to withstand those many walkers. Everyone doesn't know what they are about to endure. "Someone's gotta go back and warn the others," Rick whispered.

"Alright," Beth said calmly, and began walking back to the hotel. I grabbed her arm.

"We never said ya have to," I hissed. She pulled her arm free using the little trick I used.

"Really? Of course I gotta. Anyway, I think I know how to escape. Just go find Carl and Michone. Meet us by the houses," she whispered and began walking off again.

"You want us to go INTO the horde," Rick asked.

"If ya cover yer self in walker guts, can't tell the difference. Ya of all people shoul' know this, Rick," I whispered. I only heard stories of how they escaped Atlanta, but damn... That takes something.

"Didn't work out to well when it started raining," Rick whispered. His voice seemed sort of angry, or annoyed.

"I seriously doubt rain, now hurry up," Beth whispered, and instead of walking away, she ran back to the hotel.

I turned back to Rick. He had a look on his face of confusion, but determination. He took one look at me, and I knew he had obviously seen the worry on my face," She's a strong girl."

We began jogging through the forest, our pace getting faster and faster as we followed the footprints. "Why'd they go so far," I asked.

"Dunno. I told me to stay close," he responded, worry present in his voice.

"We better hurry then," I murmured, jogging past him then squatting to look at the tracks. The two sets footprints suddenly turned into one.

Rick squatted down next to me, looking at what he saw. I looked up and in the distance I could see a small shack. I pointed,"Up there. C'mon."

Rick stood up, and began walking, but I heard him gasp. I turned around to see a dead walker laying on the ground, fresh blood around its mouth.

Rick didn't hesitate at all, and began sprinting towards the shack. I followed after him, trying to catch up, but failed miserably. He was running so fast, that he got there in five seconds.

I had made it to the shack and opened the door. I was so surprised at what I saw. An amputated arm sat to my right, right next to the door. In the middle of the room I saw Michone and Rick squatting over something.

Rick was sobbing, and Michone looked on the verge of tears too. I walked a little closer, then I saw it.

The young boy was laying unconscious on the floor. His face was sweaty and his hair stuck to his face. Blood covered the whole left side of his body. But the most noticeable trait, was that one arm

Was gone.

"Oh shit," I murmured. I stood dumbfounded. Carl got bit. He got his arm cut off. There was a small chance of him living.

I mean, of course this had worked with Herschel, but that was when we were in the prison. We had a safe place. Medical supplies. Food. Water.

Here... Well we were just about to leave our safe place. Our food and water is with the rest of the group. Our group is split up. Our home is about to be over run my walkers. We are never safe.

As if on cue, I began hearing moans and groans outside. Damn, they were fast. Would we be able to carry Carl? God, maybe for awhile, but that dead weight with thousands of walkers chasing us isn't the ideal situation.

I then began hearing loud banging from the doors of the shack. "Shit. Guys we gotta go," I said.

Michone barely looked up, and Rick was still sobbing uncontrollably. "We have to go," I stated as a fact. They went on, ignoring me.

"Guys. Grab Carl, we gotta go. They are here," I hissed a bit louder.

"Carl can't travel," Rick choked out in between sobs.

"Well we gotta go..." I trailed off. I knew where this was going. It wasn't going to happen. Michone, maybe. Maybe she would come... But Rick? No fucking way. He has lost almost everything. The silence went on for awhile, I'm surprised the shack is holding up.

Then it hit me... How are we gonna get out? I mean... We were surrounded. I looked around the room, and that's when I saw the dead walker in the corner.

"Michone. I need your katana," I told her. She gave me a look like Fuck No. I motioned over to the walker.

"Have the honors of cutting him up," I said sarcastically, bowing slightly and motioning towards the body. She gave me a dirty look, then began hacking into the walker.

I went over to Rick. "Listen Rick, we gotta go. We can't bring him. So you can stay, or you can go... It's up to you," I murmured.

He looked up at me. His face, it showed a broken man. After having to kill his best friend, his wife dying, now his son, and after having to shoot countless people he cares for before they turned.

Rick was a good fucking man. He knew what he was doing, he cared for all of us. "Think about Judy," I whispered.

He looked up at me once again," You take care of her." I couldn't believe it. He just. He just. He just gave me his daughter.

"Rick. Carls gone. Judy is STILL here," I yelled a bit louder. Screw letting him choose. I wasn't going to let this man die, not now. Not when he had an option.

"I DONT WANT TO STICK AROUND FOR WHEN SHE AINT HERE," he yelled suddenly. He began sobbing again,"Please. Just go."

I sighed," Fine... Brother"

~Beth's POV~

I dunno how we managed but we packed everything up and we were walking backwards. Yeah. Walking through the horde, to the other houses. Of course, this was after the horde has thinned a bit. While walking, we found this giant tree fort. It had bridges branching out to a couple different areas, so we were able to wait quietly, and pretty comfortably.

Luckily, Judy wasn't much of an issue. She was a good baby, not a screamer, a keep to herself kind of gal. She was quiet.

After staying up there for two days, the horde had thinned and we were able to cover up and began walking backwards. We were going back to the house where we stayed with Michone and Rick.

Just thinking about it made me

Smile. I couldn't wait to see them again.

Michone. She was actually a funny person. She is a strong, intelligent woman, but also had a kids side. Not to mention that BADASS katana.

Rick. I mean he's the leader. He always does what's best. He's went through an awful lot, I don't know how he hasn't gone insane. I mean... I guess he sort of did, but that's over.

Then Carl. Carl is a good kid. I mean, he was kind of bratty, but being brought up in this world... I sort of understand. He doesn't want to be treated like a kid. Lucky he got his way, for the longest time we were both 'little kids'. But now, I feel like everyone trusts us.

And of course Daryl. Besides the fact that I love him to death(literally), he is deep down very sensitive. On the outside he is tough though, which I appreciate. I feel like I've opened him up. This is his true self. And I love it.

~Time Skips~

It's been a month... Still no Daryl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.... *sigh* no words lovelias🌺... No words... 🚶💀