Ch 18- Told ya I Can Take Care of Myself

~Beth~

I bit my lip. Worry began clouding my mind, and I couldn't help but bite my lip. I couldn't pace around the room since my ankle was broken, but Carl was doing enough pacing for both of us.

"Where the fuck is he," he groaned.

"How am I suppose to know," I snapped. Carl gave me a worried look, I usually never snap at people like that. "S-sorry," I stuttered.

He nodded, excepting my apology. "What- what if he doesn't come back? We can't go hunting or searching without him," Carl said, running his hands through his hair.

I began tasting blood in my mouth, so I stopped biting my lip. "I dunno. We will obviously have to go out sometime, but for now we just gotta wait here. I'm not letting you go out alone, and I can't go back out until my ankle is healed."

"What if it never heals? Don't you like need surgery to fix broken ankle," he asked looking at me.

"Maybe. I could just wear a brace though," I shrugged. He nodded. "What time is it," I asked. He looked at the clock on the wall.

"7:56... He said he'd be back at 8:00," he groaned.

"Yeah. We still have four minutes. Daryl ain't somebody to die in a situation like that. If anything, he got held up by some walkers and will come back tomorrow," I reassured Carl and myself. I didn't really believe myself, but maybe it is just because I care so much about him. I always got like this when Maggie went on runs...

"Wait, here that," Carl whispered,"Someone's above us. Imma open the hatch."

"Wait, what if it isn't him... CARL," I whisper yelled. But he was already around the corner. I began biting my lip again... Please be Daryl.

I heard a squeak and figured he opened the hatch, then I heard him scream. "Beth! Help," Carl screamed. I attempted to stand up, but the second I put pressure on my leg, it hurt like hell.

"Fuck," I whimpered. I got up again, power through the pain, whimper with every step. I went around the corner to see two walkers on top of Carl, trying to take bites out of his neck.

"CARL," I yelled. They both looked up at me, the one on top got up and began limping to me. I reached in my back pocket. My knife isn't here. The walker came towards me, groaning hungrily. I pushed him down, and limped back to the bed.

The pain from my ankle was really getting to me now, and my vision began getting blurry. I got to my bed and reached my hand under the pillow to get my knife.

I smiled as I felt the cold metal on my hand. I quickly turned around to see the walker about to take a bite out of me, and stab it in the head. I ripped the knife out.

My vision was blurry and i felt like I was going to puke. I swallowed whatever came up and limped back to Carl, who was still struggling. I leaned down, and stabbed the walker in the head.

The pain was now overwhelming and darkness overtook my vision. I felt something hard hit my head, the last thing I heard was Carl's voice yelling,"BETH? BETH ARE YOU OKAY!!!"

~Daryl~

I walked back through the forest, looking for the hatch. I found some walkers, and shot them in the head. I went to rip the arrows out of my targets, and to my left I saw the hatch... WIDE OPEN.

"Beth? Carl," I shouted, running over to the hatch. I quickly climbed down the ladder to see a dead walker on the ground. Shit. I ran through the hallway to see Carl crouched over Beth.

"BETH! BETH WAKE UP PLEASE," he was shouting.

I walked up behind him and put my hand on his shoulder. He flinched, but when he saw me he sort of smiled. "Daryl! Thank god, she-she fainted I think," he yelled.

"Go close the hatch than tell me what the hell happened," I almost growled. He nodded, and I could hear the hatch squeak closed as I leaned down to pick up Beth. I carried her to lay her on the bed, and saw another walker with a stab wound in between its eyes. I kicked it out of the way and laid her down.

Carl came back with a wet wash cloth, water, and a first aid kit. "So tell me, wha' the fuck happened?"

"Don't bd upset. We were gettin' worried cuz you weren't back yet. So we heard footsteps above us and went to open the hatch. Two walkers fell through on top of me. Beth got out of bed, and one of them attacked her. The fat ass was on top of me so I couldn't push it off. She came back covered in blood, stabbed the one attacking me in the eye, then fainted. Then you came back," he finished. He talked so fast it took me a minute to process it.

I laid the wet wash cloth on her forehead, then noticed blood from the back of her head. She must've hit her head pretty hard. I wipe off the blood, and put an ice pack behind her head as well. I looked at her ankle, it was bruised and more swollen than yesterday. Perfect.

After I checked out her arm and decided everything was good I went and plopped on my bed. Just as I was about to close my eyes I heard footsteps and Carl's voice whisper,"Daryl?"

"What," I asked. I was pissed off and tired.

"You didn't find my dad or Michone," he asked it, but it sounded more like a statement.

"Sorry, Kiddo," I murmured. I heard shuffling for a little bit.

"I'm sorry. You trusted me with Beth, and now look at her," he sighed quietly, then I heard the springs of his mattress, and I assumed he got in bed.

Sleep soon consumed me as well.

~Dream~

It was like I was watching the scene play out in 3rd person. Daryl ran over to the hatch and went down. I noticed the dead walker body. The nice was pierced through the top of its head. It was female, and sort of fat. She only had white wisps of hair left, and her skin was stretched out and wrinkled.

I turned and saw it. Carl was kneeled over Beth, but he wasn't saying wake up. "BETH! NO! YOU COULDNT HAVE GOT BIT! NO," he yelled. I ran over and saw it. Beth had a bite mark on the side of her neck. She was knocked out, and sweating furiously.

"WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED," I yelled at Carl. I looked over at him, but he was no longer Carl, he was a walker feeding on Beth.

I took out my crossbow, aiming it at his head, but I just couldn't. Tears began flowing out of my eyes like a water fall, and I just couldn't stop. The one I loved was gone. I shouldn't have gone... I shouldn't have gone...

Suddenly I felt pain on my leg, and looked down to see walker Carl biting into it. I didn't scream, I didn't do anything. I just let him...

~Dream End~

I sat up. Sweat dripped furiously from my body, and my bed and clothes were all soaking wet. I looked over at Beth, who was now awake, talking to Carl. They were eating a candy bar of sometime.

"Beth," I shouldn't smiling. I got up and hugged her, wrapping my arms around her tightly, she did the same.

"Told ya I could take care of myself," she giggled, pecking me on the lips. I nodded and smiled, I was just so happy she was alive.

"Wait. Why are you all wet... Ewwww you just rubbed your sweat all over me," she screeched. I kept laughing at her, and Carl joined in too.

"I'm so happy your okay," I smiled at her.

"I'm happy you are too," she smirked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whoah! Action alert my lovelias!!!🌺 hope you enjoy! Vote and follow if you did! Start a conversation in the comments!!! Anyway ttyl byyyyeeeeee 🚶💀