Ch 13- Familiar Faces

~Beth~

I woke up next to Daryl on the couch. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. I sat up, and felt my neck. It was tender and kind of sore. Daryl sat up. His eyes shifted from my neck, to my eyes.

"Daryl Dixon. If you left a mark," I threatened. I got up to go look in the mirror in the bathroom. He grabbed my wrist.

"It's find Beth. You don't need to go look," he smiled. I pulled away from his grip and ran into the bathroom. I gasped at what he left on my neck.

A dark purplish blue mark ran down my neck. "DARYL," I screamed running out of the bathroom. He laughed, running away from me.

I cornered him in the living room, and went straight to tickling him. He started laughing and giggling like crazy. "Daryl Dixon is ticklish," I fake gasped.

"Stop Beth, I'm stronger than you," he warned.
I smirked and opened my mouth to say something, but was cut off by him pushing me off of him, then pinning my wrists to the ground. He straddled me.
"Told you," he smirked. I laughed until he forcefully put his hand over my mouth.

I gasped, he wasn't playing around. "DARYL," I tried yelling.

"Shh. I hear voices," he murmured. He got up and peeked out the window. He quickly turned around and mouthed,"Hide."

I nodded, and went into the kitchen. We both his under the sink in the cabinet. It was very squished, but it was better than nothing. I held my breath as the door squeaked open. I could hear an orchestra of footsteps, and the occasional shout," CLAIMED!"

We listened closely. "So Joe? What's our plan on finding the Jackass who killed Lou," he asked.

The man who I figured was Joe answered,"Kill him. That asshole just strangles him and leaves him to die! He was a sheriff too. He left his badge."

"What about the boy and the samurai? What are we gonna do with them," the man asked.

I looked over at Daryl. He gave me the same look.

The man called 'Joe' walked up to our cabinet. His hand touched the wood, and I held my breath. He must've changed his mind though, because he turned around and walked away. "We kill them too, c'mon. We gotta keep going if we wanna catch up with them," he murmured.

There was another orchestra of footsteps, then the door slamming. Daryl cautiously opened the cabinet, then we both got out when the coast was clear. "Do ya think he was talking about Rick, Carl, and Michone," I asked worried.

"Know any other Sheriffs with a little boy and a samari," Daryl snapped. I was taken aback, he hasn't talked to me like that in a long time. He stopped pacing, and saw the look on my face.

"God. I'm sorry, Beth. I'm just worried. We gotta follow them, c'mon. Pack up," he murmured.

~that night~

We had been walking for hours. We followed behind the group of guys through the forest instead of the road to be safe. We walked for awhile until we heard someone counting down "10. 9..." We looked out and saw the four of them, holding guns to Michone, Rick and Carl.

"K. Go shoot the guy with Carl, and the loner over there right after. I'm going to use my crossbow for the asshole holding a gun to Rick, then jump the guy with Michone. Come help me right after Kay?"

I nodded. I held my gun to the guy with Carls head. The moment I shot, I quickly turned my gun to the other guy and shot him to. I then ran over and stabbed the guy that Daryl was struggling with, trying to pin him down. It went so fast, and soon, there were four dead bodies lying on the floor.

Carl was the first to run over and hug me. It surprised me, he usually wasn't like this. Michone then went over to Daryl, said something, then came
Over to hug me. I saw Daryl exchange a few words with Rick, and then gave him a quick hug. He came over to say hi to Carl, and then silence hung over us. Why is it so awkward? I knew why. We all would've much rathered if it was someone we found. They probably wanted Judy, we wanted Glenn and Maggie.

"It's good we found each other," Rick spoke finally. We sat around the small fire they had in the middle of the road.

I dug through my bag, and found Judith's hat. I handed it to Carl," We were on her trail, before those guys came. Your guys' issue seemed more urgent than hers. She is probably with Carol or Maggie, if not, with Tyrese, Glenn, Bob, or Sasha. Maybe even all of them." Carl and Rick looked up.

"You didn't find this at the prison," Rick questioned.

"No, Why," Daryl asked. Rick and Carl just looked at each other.

Tears began running down his cheeks," S-so she is alive?"

I nodded. Rick pulled Carl into them by the shoulders, they just embraced sideways, both of them looking much happier than before.

"We got nice guns now, these guys were loaded," Michone announced, arriving to the camp fire, dumping all of what they were carrying on the floor.

"Food. Water. First aid. Guns. Ammo. Map too," she smiled, looking proud at what she discovered.

"We cleared out a house back north," Daryl said, pointing down the road,"We cleared it out. There are a couple knew we can raid, and use it as a sort of base when we look for them. We can probably make a barrier of some sort, and make a nice little area to stay in for awhile," he answered.

"Awhile? Why not forever," Carl asked.

"Forever won't work out. We though the prison was forever. Even if the governor hadn't come, the fences would've gone down eventually,"
I murmured sadly.

We sat there silently, until Daryl spoke up," Why don't y'all get some sleep? I'll take watch, we can head "home" tomorrow."

"I'll watch with ya," Rick smiled. Eventually I fell asleep, using Daryl's lap as a pillow.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YEAH!!! They found them!!! I figured since Beth didn't get kidnapped, Daryl wouldn't have run into them to save them from 'Joe and the Claimers'. So I did this. Hope you enjoyed my lovelias 🌺!!! Bye :) 🚶💀