Ch 19- Home?

~Beth~

~TIME SKIP LIKE MAJOR TIME SKIP LIKE A MONTHISH~

I limped along behind Rick, Michone, and Carl. My arm was swung around Daryl's shoulder, and his arm was wrapped around me supporting me.

My ankle seemed to heal, but I couldn't walk on it yet. We had walked like this for miles, it was too slow. We were on the road again after we found Rick and Michone. We agreed that staying in one place wasn't safe, so we just kept going.

"Ok. C'mon," Daryl said after awhile, letting me go and bending over. I looked at him questionably.

"Seriously," I asked.

"Yeah, it's a serious piggy back ride, now c'mon," he said sarcastically. I giggled at his comment and hopped on his back. We were now able to walk besides the others.

"Do ya think we will find them soon," Carl asked.

"Hope so," I asked. I wrapped my arms around Daryl tightly. Not too tight, I didn't want to choke him, but right enough so I don't fall off. I was holding his crossbow, so he could hold my legs so they wouldn't dangle.

Carl looked at us with a smirk on his face. "You guys are very playful with each other," he laughed.

Daryl playfully rammed into him, and he stumbled slightly into Michone. Michone pushed him back. Little moments like this, that put a smile on everybody's face were nice. It's just a little bit of happiness which is needed to keep people sane.

We walked for awhile, until we came to a gravel path. "We should follow it," I suggested.

"Don' see why we shouln'," Daryl murmured, walking ahead. The path started to incline, and when I looked down I noticed it twirled around a mountain.

"Wonder if walkers could get up this," I ask.

"Doesn't seem that steep, but we could always block it off," Rick murmured, walking besides us.

Behind us Michone and Carl walked, sharing a candy bar. "Hey! You ain't gonna share," I shouted back to them. Carl looked up and reluctantly threw me a piece. I caught it and bit into the crunchy chocolate bar.

I can't remember the last time I ate one of these, three four years? It tasted so good, despite being expired.

"If I throw up from eating expired chocolate i blame you guys," I mumbled, shoving the rest of the candy in my mouth.

"Your the one that asked for it," Carl laughed.

"True," Michone added with a chuckle.

We finally reached the top of the hill, the incline had been intense for the past half mile, so we all practically fell over when we reached the plateau at the top. The trail continued, so we followed it.

"Isn't it strange there aren't any walkers," Carl asked.

"Don't jinx it," Michone replied, sliding her Katana out of the holder. The path came to a metal fence. Rick boosted Carl and Michone over. Michone hung over the edge and reached down for Rick, who took her hands. She struggled to get him over, but eventually did.

Daryl bent down and put his hands into a cup for me to stand on. I used my good foot and pushed myself up, grabbing onto Rick's hands, and he hoisted me over. I hung onto the top of the fence, and fell backwards, Michone and Carl catching me. "Thanks," I mumbled. They all nodded.

Daryl handed Rick his crossbow, and hopped over by himself. I suddenly wondered if I was being a burden. I mean I constantly have to have support I walk, and everything.

We turned around to face a pretty big building. We walked up to the front door, and knocked. We all had our weapons ready, and known of us were prepared for who opened the door.

A thin short haired women, holding a baby. We all gasped. She smiled and turned the baby around to show her face.

"Judith," Carl whimpered, holding his hands out to grab the young infant. Rick stood there shocked, while Carl held Judith close.

"Carol, it's nice to see you," Michone smiled.

"It's good to see you guys too," she smiled, holding out her hands and pulling us into a hug.

We heard a familiar voice from inside,"Carol, who is it..." The voice trailed off. The voice belonged a short haired brunette. The moment she saw me, I saw tears in her eyes. And I felt them in my own.

"Beth," she whimpered pulling me into an extremely tight hug, and I hugged back.

"I thought you were gone, Mags," I whimpered, holding her tighter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AWWWW! The feelz!!! Lovelias I hoped you enjoyed this short but touching chapter!!! Please vote follow as start a convo in the comments!!! Thanks for reading! Bye 🚶💀