Ch 11- Familiar Graves

~Daryl~

We walked away from the cabin, our pace faster since there were walkers not far behind us. I couldn't help but feel guilty for everything.

For one: yelling at her. Nobody really gave her a chance to show her skills, or getting any at that matter. She had an overprotective father and sister... Maggie. Oh god. Maggie is going to kill me, literally kill me.

Secondly: I forgot about that whole thing at the farm. That's a huge fucking thing, and I totally forgot. At one point, I was her 'boyfriend' and I forgot and caused her to think of suicide! That's the worst feeling ever. I was the cause of all her pain.

"Daryl? Daryl? Daryl look," Beth said behind me excitedly. I looked back to see her holding up something. It was a light pastel hat.

"Is that..." I started. She nodded excitedly and ran up and hugged me. How could she not be mad at me for the shit I put her through?

"Judith's hat!!! Somebody went this way. What if it's Maggie... Or at least it's someone," she smiled brightly. Her smile was the best thing EVER. It brought back a little bit of happiness and hope. I smiled back, ignoring the fact that lil' ass kicker could be dead. Wouldn't hurt to look on the bright side for once, though.

We continued to walk the same way that we found Judith's hat. "Hey look," I said, picking a peanut from a plant. I broke it and offered it to Beth. She smiled and popped it in her mouth. "From the look of it, someone has been eating these. So either there is a vegetarian walker around here, or someone has been here," I smiled. She giggled at me, making me smile even wider. She was so cute.

We followed a path we found near the peanut plants, and came to a small house. It was white with a blue tint. "Aww. It's so cute and quaint,"Beth exclaimed. I chuckled at her. She was so appreciative of the little things.

"That's another way of saying it is small," I chuckled. She shoved me playfully, running along towards the house. We came across two graves. There was a little wooden cross over both of them.

"The graves are freshly dug," I said, leaning down to inspect the crosses. I gasped and looked down sadly.

"What," Beth asked, worriedly, leaning down to inspect them. She read the names on the cross and gasped. I quickly wrapped her in my arms, as she began sobbing furiously.

"Shhhhh. It's alright Beth. They are in a better place now," I whispered into her ear. She continued sobbing, louder and louder. I knew it would attract walkers, so I picked her up bridal style, and walked up to the house.

"Mika... Lizzie... Why'd this... Have to happen... To you," she gasped in between sobs. I felt a wet patch on my chest, where her head was from the tears.

I knocked on the door. We waited for a response, and got none. I opened the door slowly. "Hello, anyone here," I questioned. There was no response.

I sighed, laying Beth on the couch. I observed her, she was now asleep. Tear stains streaked her beautiful face. I stroked her cheek, than kissed her forehead. I got up to inspect the rest of the house.

I noticed a crib to the right of the couch and a board game on the floor. I went to the fire place. Some of the embers were still lit, so they must've left very recently. Maybe last night?

I inspected the two bedrooms. One of them had to twin beds. The covers were all messed up, Mika and Lizzie probably slept there. I don't know why it bothered me so much. Not many peoples deaths were that big of a deal to me, but this one hit hard. Maybe because of Beth? I ignore it, and go into the next room.

It had a king sized bed, so I figured it was the master bedroom. It was put together nicely, the whole room I mean. There were two wardrobes in the room. The one to the right held woman's clothing. It looked a little too big to fit Beth, but she probably wanted to get out of those dirty clothes.

The men's wardrobe didn't have much. I just switched out my under shirt for another one of the same color and shape.

I went into the bathroom, and attempted to turn the water on in the shower. A smile came to my face, when warm water began flowing out of it.

I closed the bathroom door, and stripped. I stepped into the shower, enjoying the warm water running through my body. I washed my hair with some shampoo I had found.

I heard a knock at the door,"Daryl? Are ya in there?"

"Uh. Yeah. I'll be ou' in a minute. There's some clothes in the master bedroom if ya want to pick some out," I answered.

"Kay," she said, and I heard her footsteps go down the hall.

I quickly got out and dried off. I put back on my jeans and my new shirt and vest. I walked outside the bathroom, and knocked on the bedroom door. "Ya decent," I asked.

"Uh yeah," she murmured. She wore new blue skinny jeans, and a navy blue tank top with a green flannel over it. "How do I look," she smiled, spinning around.

I chuckled," Beautiful." I sort of questioned myself in my head, wondering if that made her uncomfortable or not. I then wondered if she still loved me? I mean I didn't love her back, I sorta liked her, but didn't really realized i loved her again until a couple days ago.

"Is the water warm," she asked, walking towards the bathroom. I nodded, and she smiled, shutting the bathroom door and hearing the click of the lock soon after.

I laid on the bed, and kicked my shoes off. I put my crossbow on the nightstand and closed my eyes. I wasn't really asleep, more like relaxing. This probably went on for another ten minutes, until I heard footsteps. Beth must've come in.

I felt the bed dip to the right, and I heard shuffling. Suddenly, I felt her arm around my waist, and her other hooked onto my arm. I tried my best to hold back a smile, as she cuddled into me. Once she stopped moving around I quietly whispered," Beth? Watcha doing?" She sat up quickly, and literally jumped off the bed.

"Oh my gosh! Daryl I am so sorry I thought you were asleep and- and- I'm so sorry," she said. I chuckled at her, sitting up.

"It's okay," I laughed at her. She got up and went to the door," Wait!" I stopped her. She turned around. "I didn't say ya had to go." I murmured it so quietly I didn't even know if she understood me.

She smiled and got up, plopping on the bed right next to me, and cuddling into the same position she was earlier. "Daryl," she asked sweetly and quietly.

"Hmmm?"

"Do ya think we will find em? Or at least some of em?"

I nodded," Yeah. I think we will."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I don't know if this chapter was cute and fluffy, or sad and depressing??? I don't know. Anyway my lovelias🌺!!! Thanks for reading. Bye 🚶💀