1

Nova Ramirez used to be an average person. Day in day out, with a high paying job and regular parents. She didn't have that many friends, and she wasn't close with the ones she had. Her personality is one everyone loves, but she focused more on education and earning more money than her parents. Growing up her family had struggles with money, so she swore to herself that she would always be financially stable with the intentions of extra for things she wanted in life. That was then, and this is now.

Nova wakes up with a headache and groans. As she sits her head up and opens her eyes she realizes she isn't in her room. She is in someone else's room and responsively looks down to see if she has any clothes on. Thankfully she's wearing clothes, but they aren't hers. She's wearing a formal white button-down with a white tie and a white blazer over top of it. She is also wearing a short, black pleated skirt with two white lines at the bottom. The knee-high socks are black with two white lines at the top to match the skirt. Her expression is a mixture of embarrassment, shock, and anger. She is partly angry at herself for not knowing what the hell is going on.  She gets up and walks around the room. Remembering what happened last night is nearly impossible. All that she can recall is going into the bar because all of the boring things in life had gotten to her. She's trying to find her phone or something that has the time when she feels hungry. It's a strange hunger as when she feels it her something in her mind says, "Blood."

A man then opens the door. He's rather gorgeous with black hair, dark eyes that are almost black, his features very stunning, light skin with would seem no pores, and muscles that are sexily outlined through his white button-down. He has a black tie and black suit pants. She's taking in the beauty of this extraordinary sight while at the same time wondering if she joined some kind of cult. He's about to say something when Nova says, "You better explain to me right now where I am, why I'm wearing this, and why I have a craving for...blood." He holds back a small chuckle to her confusion and looks up at her. He's taken back that her eyes are white. Any regular vampire's eyes are dark after transition and hers are as white as heaven. He quickly remembers she's more confused than he is so he explains everything to her.

He says, "First things first. Last night you were drinking, you weren't drunk, but you basically shared your whole life story. You told me about how much you hated everything and wanted to get away..." Nova interrupts him, "I have a boring life get to the point skittles." He says, "Skittles, okay then. Anyway, I offered to turn you into a vampire and you agreed." She starts laughing, "So you are telling me I'm a vampire," and then she remembers her new hunger and her face falls as she continues, "shit." She starts to get a little anxious and he chimes in, "About the clothes you are wearing, it's our uniform. See we take care of new vampires here, train them, teach them to be around humans, and when they are ready we send them off. We sometimes offer a job as a trainer to students who show promise. You can think of it as a school of sorts." She has only one thing to say to him at this point. She asks, "Do we sparkle?" He looks at her with a resting bitch face. She does an awkward face and says with a questioning tone, "So that's a no...Yup okay." She shifts away from him a little bit due to the awkward encounter. She says, "I never got your name actually." He says, "Theo Gray. But skittles is fine." She laughed at him mentioning her previous nickname.

She says, "I'm stuck with calling you skittles aren't I." He walks over to the door and puts out his hand for her to follow. He says, "Yes, but don't say it in front of other people." He looks down at her feet and grabs the uniform shoes and holds them out. He says, "Put these on. We don't need you running around in your socks." She chuckles a bit taking the shoes and slips them on. He says, "And another thing, people will be looking at you weird. Your new eye color well it's rather odd. Every other vampire after the transition has very dark eyes, and yours are white." They walk out the door side by side and she asks, "So What am I then?" He turns his head a bit toward her and says, "I don't really know. This is the first time ever in our history this has happened. I'm thinking your soul stayed innocent during the transition. But that could be mere theory." She looks around realizing this place is going to take forever to navigate. She asks, "How on earth am I going to find my way around?" He replies, "You can ask anybody if you can't find your way. The other vampires are nice for the most part. I'll even introduce you to some of the others." Nova nodded in response.

They continued walking until they reached a kitchen of sorts. Theo says, "This is where you can get your blood. The cafeteria is just right out this door, but today you are going to feed in here." Nova nods in response. Theo then goes to one of the refrigerators. The fridge has a label of 'O'. He pulls out a blood bag and holds it in front of Nova. Nova swallows trying to resist the urge to rip into it. Theo says, "You have to learn to control that. You are doing good now actually. Usually, a newbie would have ripped it out of my hands by now." He holds out the blood bag for her to take. Nova reluctantly takes the blood and looks at it lustfully. Theo says, "I want you to pop the top off and drink it slowly. The slower you drink the more control you have." Nova pops the top off and tastes the blood. She starts drinking it a little too fast and slows down the pace.

When she's finished she throws the bag in the trash can. She asks, "Is it bad that I really enjoyed that?" Theo laughs a little and says, "No that's expected, but the amount of control you had is amazing...I almost forgot to tell you that you can only have 3 bags a day and you can only get one with your assigned trainer." Nova asks, "So who's my trainer?" He does a little happy dance and says, "That'll be me." She nods and sasses, "So I really am stuck with you skittles." They both laugh and exit the kitchen.

Theo showed Nova around the halls and even gave her a map of I guess you can call it a campus. He takes her to the common room. The place where everyone comes to hang out. Who wouldn't, it has a pool table, air hockey table, a bar, and a huge portion dance floor. There are two people in the back making out, and they are the only ones there considering everyone else is training. Theo clears his throat loudly and the two spring up. One of the girls looks pretty confident and the other really shy. The confident one smiles a bit at getting caught and the shy one looks down with her face burning. Theo says, "I was actually hoping to see you two. This isn't really hey was I would've wanted you to meet her, " he gestures towards Nova, "But this is Nova." The confident one holds out her hand and says, "I'm Astrid." Nova takes her hand and the shy one then speaks up. "I'm Zyla. Uh and my title is princess, but please don't address me by it."

It was then that Zyla raised her head to shake Nova's hand. It only took a second to notice the striking resemblance between Zyla and Theo. Nova asks Theo, "So are you and Zyla related?" Theo then says knowing her next question, "Yes." Nova wrinkles her nose a bit and asks, "So does that mean your title is the prince?" Theo gives a small sigh before saying, "Yes, but I don't like being referred to as my title either. I especially don't want friends to use it. And the only time you have to is at formal events." Nova is shocked by this a little. Nova being her sassy self laughs and says, "That explains why you both are extremely good looking." Nova smirks a bit letting her eyes linger just a second too long on Theo.

Theo blushes and immediately contains himself. He says, "Anyway, I want you to get some familiar faces around so you don't get lost or don't feel comfortable." Astrid then speaks up, "Zy and I have training to get to so if you will excuse us." With that Astrid grabs Zyla's hand and they vamp run out while laughing.

The rest of the day Theo shows Nova around. The campus even has a pool. He also makes sure she gets her blood bags for the day. After a while Nova got tired so Theo directed her to her room and got her settled into sleep. After that, he heads to the throne room.

As he enters he sees his parents have just gotten out of a meeting. He approaches them and says, "I have some news about Nova." His mother says, "Ah, our new girl. Is she settling in alright?" Theo nods in response and says, "She's different. Her eyes are white instead of our natural dark eyes." His father asks, "Has she expressed any striking behaviors?" Theo replies, "Nothing really besides her control. She had amazing control with the blood today." His father looks over at his mother and then says, "When you start training with her we want you to record her progress. If she is what I think she is we have an extraordinary vampire in our ranks."

Theo hesitates before saying, "I'm not sure if this is relevant, but I feel the connection with her. I think she's my........my love match." His mother asks, "Are you sure of this." He nods and says, "Yes. It's nothing I've felt before. I feel drawn to her." His father asks, "Does she know of this?" Theo shakes his head. His father continues, "Let us figure out what exactly she is, and in the meantime, you figure out if your feelings mean anything...You are excused, son." Theo says, "Yes father." And walks out of the throne room.