7

Nova is woken up to a very excited Moira and Alec. Moira says jumping on Nova, "Hey wake up. I can't believe you didn't tell us you became an official. I mean you aren't a student anymore." Nova groans and kicks Moira to the floor. Moira squeals and just stays on the floor all defeated like. Alec sasses, "She didn't throw you that hard wimp." Moira says, "I know, but I'm too lazy to get up." Alec rolls his eye and Nova turns toward the wall to go back to sleep. Alec pulls the covers off of her and says, "Oh no you don't missy. You aren't a student anymore so have fun with it." Nova says annoyed, "Sleep is fun. Give me my covers back jerk."

Moira gets up and pulls Nova out of bed. Nova says, "I hate you guys." Moira says, "We love you too now get dressed so we can take you to get drinks." Nova says, "Don't you guys have training or something." Alec says, "Nope...Russel is in a meeting at one of the other locations today. Shame too he's got a nice booty." Nova just rolls her eyes and gets dressed in the bathroom.

They get to the bar and start having shot contests. Nova ends up out drinking them all. They didn't get drunk since they are vampires, but they eventually all got very bored. Moira says moving around anxiously, "We should do something fun." Alec suggests, "We can dance." Moira shakes her head and says, "No. Something more fun." Alec says, "Well, there is one thing. We could go swimming." Nova asks, "Aren't you supposed to only be with a trainer there." Moira giggles deviously, "No, but you my dear friend are inviting Theo. I mean it's like 5:30 and you haven't seen him all day. You must be going through some kind of withdraw or something." Nova says, "He could be busy. He is the prince you know."

Out of the blue Theo comes up from behind Nova and puts his hands on her waist. Theo says, "I always have time for fun." Nova still taken by surprise throws him over her shoulder with him now lying on his back in front of her. Theo says bluntly, "Still in training mode I presume." Nova helps him up and says, "No. I just like putting you in your place." Alec says his thoughts, "At least we know who's the dominant one in the relationship." When everyone stares at Alec it sinks in that he had shared his thoughts to the group. Theo breaks the silence, "So, you guys wanted to go swimming. We can go to the pool." Alec says, "Yea, I'll beat you guys there." He vamps speeds away before anyone says anything. Nova says even though he can't hear her, "Oh honey. There's no beating me." They all speed off to the pool.

Alec says, "I even left before you." Nova gives him a playful smirk. Nova says, "What can I say, I'm the best." Alec scoffs playfully and pushes Nova into the pool. Nova comes up from the water and yells, "You jerk I'm still in my uniform." Everyone strips down to their underwear and jumps in. The whole day was fun.

Alec and Moira left to go to sleep, so Theo and Nova are in Theo's room just talking. Nova is cuddled up to him in some nightclothes because it's nighttime and her uniform was wet. Theo asks, "How was your childhood?" Nova let's out a small sigh. She says, "It was regular. I had an older brother and her and I would play sometimes if we were bored. My parents were always working to support us even though we never had stability with money. It really took a plummet when my brother died." Theo holds her a little closer for comfort. She continues, "Someone broke in. My brother woke up and we heard a scream. They never found his body, but there was blood everywhere in his room. The police assumed him dead by the amount of blood. There's still a part of me that feels him alive somewhere. It's this feeling that he's okay and just embarrassed to come home or that he can't find us since we moved after he was taken." Nova just pulls her head into Theo to cry a small bit.

Theo just holds her knowing he can't take her pain away, but this is as close as it gets to it. He asks, "What's his name?" Nova says with her head still buried in Theo's chest, "His name is Matei. Matei Ramirez." Theo pauses. He says, "You've got to be kidding me." Nova's expression becomes confused while she waits for his response. He says, "He's a vampire." Nova says excitedly and still confused, "What." Theo gets up from the bed and goes to his computer. He pulls up a list of all the names of known vampires. He clicks on her brother's name to get his information. He says, "Aha. Matei Ramirez. A former student of this school with the former trainer as Russel." Nova takes in this information. She asks, "Does it give an address of where he is now?" Theo says, "No, but it does give a number and says he still gets blood bags delivered to him." Nova begins to do a happy dance at this information. Theo just laughs and waits for her to finish.

He says handing her his phone, "You can call him with this." She quickly takes the phone and types the number on the screen. The phone rings for a bit before a voice-only Nova remembers. The voice says, "Hello." Nova says, "Hello big brother." The other line stays quiet for a few seconds. Matei says questionably, "Nova?" Nova confirms. Matei asks, "How'd you get my number, Nova?" She says, "I feel that's better in person." Matei asks, "Okay then when are you free." Nova looks at Theo. Theo says very quietly, "I could take you tomorrow." Nova asks, "How's tomorrow at noon for you?" Matei says, "Perfect. I'll text you the place." They said their goodbyes and ended the call.

Nova hands Theo his phone. She plops down sitting on the bed with her face in shock. Nova says, "That just happened. No seriously tell me that just happened." Theo says, "That, just happened." Nova says, "Holy shit. My brother is actually alive. My parents thought I was crazy for still holding on to it, but he's alive." Theo says, "We better head to bed if we don't want to be late to this meeting." Nova just hops under the covers. She says, "I'm staying here tonight." Theo says, "Good. I'd prefer it that way." Nova just laughs and Theo gets out of his uniform. He lays down and pulls Nova to his chest to sleep. She snuggles into his chest and they both quickly fall asleep.

~~~~~~~ Nova's dream~~~~~~~

Nova runs up and hugs her brother. He hugs back until she smells that she's a vampire. He pushes her back.

Matei yells angrily, "What the hell!" Looks at Matei confused. He continues still angry, "You're a vampire. Your eyes. What are you?" The disgust on his face almost brings Nova to tears. Matei turns to Theo who is watching this go down. Matei accuses, "You did this to her. You turned my sister into a monster." Matei walks up to Theo very angry and hits him. Nova screams in tears from him calling her a monster, "MATEI STOP IT."

~~~~~~~ End of dream ~~~~~~~