3

Astrid says, "Remember you have to walk in with him while the royals are being addressed." Nova's excitement turns to shock. Nova says, "Wait I have to walk in on his arm with everyone staring at me. That's a bit much. They are going to see my eyes and stuff is going to get around. They are going to see me with him and think we're.... a couple." Zyla says, "Well you are matched aren't you?" Nova is dumbfounded by this question. Nova asks, "Matched?" Zyla says, "Yea. Love match. Vampires who are meant for each other. Like me and Astrid." Nova still looks dumbfounded. Astrid says, "If he didn't tell you then he's probably waiting to figure out what his feelings mean. He's never even shown an interest in a girl that way before, but you....well he can't stop thinking about you."

Zyla says, "Let me simplify it for you. When you think about him in a suit do you feel butterflies and the urge to kiss him for eternity." Nova hesitantly says, "Well, yeah. I mean we had a moment at the beach today and we stared at each other for a while and it felt right, and it felt like it was just us in the world." Astrid says, "Yup. Girl's got it bad. You're matched, my friend." Nova lets out a 'shit' and they leave because their conversation already made them late so now they have to speed to the doors of the ballroom.

When they make it to the ballroom doors where the royal court is waiting to enter, Astrid trips Nova causing her to fall onto Theo. Nova yelps a little as she trips. Theo and nova are lying on the floor with Nova on top of Theo. Nova looks over at Astrid as Astrid's mouths a 'not sorry bro'. Nova says nervous, "Sorry... I tripped...and uh...I should probably get off of you." Theo laughs. Nova stands up and Theo does the same. They both then see how stunning the other looks and stare in awe. Theo's mother says, "You can close your mouths love birds. Now get ready." Nova looks at the floor and Theo rubs the back of his neck. They all get ready for the showcasing of the court.

The announcer says, "Now for our royal court. First up is Princess Zyla and her match Astrid." They walk in all proper and wave to the audience of guests and students. The announcer continues, "Followed by our known Prince Theo and new to the vampire world his date Nova." They walk in hearts pounding in their chests. Nova shyly waves to the audience as Theo notices her nervousness and helps by acting perfectly natural. Everyone stares at Nova weird when they see her eyes, and they were already looking at her because Theo never has a date. The announcer continues, "Last, but certainly not least our lovely King Christian and Queen Elouise." They walked in and did the same as everyone else. When they got to where all of the others in the court were Christian said, "Welcome to the ball in honor of our leaving students. Without further ado let us begin." With those words, everyone proceeded.

Nova took her hand away from Theo's arm. Theo asks, "Would you like to dance?" Nova nods and they walk to the dance floor. Theo starts to dance in front of Nova and Nova remembers she can't dance. She stutters, "I...I uh..can't dance." Theo gently grabbed her hands and moved so they were dancing like that. He says, "You just move your hips and move your arms." These lets go of her hands and she dances fine after that.

Nova says out of nowhere "Thanks." Theo asks, "For what?" Nova continues, "For everything. I mean I like it here. I may not fit in, but my life is so much better now. I've always been hung up on trying to make it with more than I had when I was raised." Theo says, "You don't have to worry about money now. You have me. You do fit in here." Nova says, "I don't. My eye color. I saw everyone looking at me, and when they saw my eyes they had some kind of curious disgust." Theo says, "They are just jealous that you are special and they aren't. I mean you kicked my ass when I've been training for years and I didn't hold back. You are some kind of super vampire, but that's not what makes you special. You are beautiful, sarcastic, funny, hard-working, and enthusiastic." Nova blushes really hard and stops dancing to hide it. Theo stops dancing and says, "I will figure out what kind of vampire you are. I know you are really curious and beating yourself up about it. To be honest my curiosity is getting the better of me as well."

After a while of dancing the two sat down and talked. That's when a couple of open blood bags fall from the balcony and splatter the blood everywhere. People scream and some of the students go blood crazy. Nova gasps and Theo quickly grabs her arm and vamp speeds out of the ballroom. King Christian yells with authority, "Everyone clear the ballroom immediately. Guests I'm afraid you have to leave, and students retire to your rooms to calm down." Everyone does as directed and leaves the ballroom. Once everyone has gone Christian says to Elouise, "I bet to you this was a warning on the girl." Queen Elouise says, "But what would the purpose be. We can't just jump to conclusions Christian." He says, "I know." Then King Christian turns his attention to the janitor, "Clean this up at once please."

Theo has sped Nova all the way to the kitchen. He calmed her down and gave her last blood bag for the evening. Her dress now had blood on it from the splatter. They walk all the way back to her room to get her cleaned up.

Nova had asked him to wait while she takes a shower. Theo years Nova yell, "Shit," from the bathroom. Theo asks concerned, "Are you okay?" She yells back, "Yeah, but can you hand me some clothes. I forgot to get some." Theo laughs a bit. He grabs a shirt, shorts, panties, and a bra. He says, "Here I'm not looking," as he puts his hand out and closes his eyes and looks the other way. Nova opens the door slight enough to put her hand through to grab the clothes.

Nova walks out of the bathroom and gets her stuff ready for bed. She lays in bed and covers herself up. Theo says, "I guess I'll be going now." Nova puts an arm out and says, "Wait....stay with me please." Theo says, "Okay my princess." Theo then takes his shoes off, blazer, tie, and then his shirt. Nova just stares at his body, clearly liking what she sees. Theo does a little pose then says with a smirk, "I know I'm sexy, but damn I'm not that sexy." Nova laughs and Theo laughs with her. Nova says, "Just shut the light off and lay down you weirdo." Theo did just that and Nova snuggled into his chest.

Zyla comes bursting into the throne room. "Mother! Father! I've found it!" Zyla continues, "I knew I remember reading about it before. I know what Nova is."