Chapter 6; This is really bad

Mia's POV

I guessed too soon as I saw Finn in front of me. Phew. His grip on my hand made me feel safe in this crowd as I walked right next to him and headed inside.

We sat down on a few couches that were behind a glass window. You could see everyone outside dancing. The lights in here were dim but quite nice.

We sat down on the couches opposite to each other. Finn put his head in his hands. "This is really bad."

Something is going on and I have no idea what it is.

"Who is he?" I straight up asked, wanting to know answers.

He put his hands through his messy hair and sat forward.

"Do you ever remember him at School. He hung around me."

I nodded my head slowly. "I do but not around you."

"That's because he wasn't around for long." Finn laughed softly, shaking his head. "After he was expelled, he never came back."

"Why?" I asked.

"I don't know, maybe because he couldn't be bothered. And plus, his parents both died." Finn looked behind him out the window. "They didn't care about him anyway."

"Did something happen between you guys?" I asked sitting forward.

He looked down. "Yeah. I was in his gang."

My eyes widened. What? Like a killing gang? The only gangs I've heard of are a group of people who kill or torture people.

No. Is Finn joking?

Finn looked up at me to see my reaction. He could probably tell I was in deep thought.

"H-his gang?" Was all I managed to say.

"Mia, I've kept this a secret for years and if anyone finds out—"

"You can trust me. I won't tell anyone Finn." I said assuringly.

God, if Jacinta finds out her son was in a gang, I can't even imagine what she would do.

"Okay. Well, I decided to join his gang when we hung out for the first time." He stated. "But I didn't realise that he actually tortured and killed people until one weekend we got together with a few other guys."

"Why didn't you leave?"

"He went through he rules of being in this 'gang' and if you wanted to leave, it was in a body bag."

Oh my god. Finn wouldn't have even had any idea what he was getting into.

But my question is, how did he leave?

"How did you leave then?" I realised that I was just firing all these questions at him.

"We had a meeting one day at his house. This was when I realised, I couldn't stay with them, and I definitely didn't want to be in a gang, so I ditched." He said simply.

But if Tommy was the gang leader, he wouldn't like that Finn just didn't come to a meeting one day.

This would mean that Tommy has some unfinished business with Finn.

"So have you seen each other since then?"

He shook his head. "He's been sending me threats but no. I've heard he's out to kill me." Finn said looking nervous.

My eyes widened. "What? What do you mean?"

"Well I broke a rule of his. And I didn't leave in a body bag, sooo—"

"Is it seriously that bad?"

Finn nodded. "But now he's met you, and from what I've seen in the past, he'll probably do something bad."  

Great.

Finn's expression changed to worried. I've never seen him like this before.

This means that from what I've heard, Tommy is out to kill Finn, and after me too, by the looks of things. How has my life been flipped upside down? What if we're out one day and he comes up to one of us without the other noticing and,—

"That's why, if we want to leave our rooms—" He paused to think. "I don't know, Tommy could be anywhere."

++++++++++

Finns POV

This is bad. Really bad.

As I sit here explaining everything to Mia, I can see that she's scared. Well, I know I am. Who wouldn't be if you were in my situation.

It's not a nice feeling knowing someone that is on this cruise ship is trying to kill me.

I was friends with Tommy, until I saw the things he did to people.
Okay, yeah, those people might have been in other gangs too, but I wasn't going to watch him torture them.

I don't know what I was thinking back then.

He convinced me that being in a gang was the coolest thing in the world. Tommy said it was fun. But once I realised I was tricked, I knew I had to leave somehow.

But after leaving, people said he was trying to find me. I was receiving treats that he texted me. But I didn't pay attention to them.

I thought it was common sense to leave. I mean, why would you want to stay?

But I'm scared. Not just for myself, but for Mia. I feel horrible. I've just bought her into all of this. But I don't think she realises how involved she is right now. I blame myself for everything that she will get into.

It's all my fault. If I just didn't join his stupid gang in the beginning, none of this would be happening right now. I wouldn't be hunted down by Tommy, and Mia wouldn't even know about it. That's the way it should've been.

"The others cant know."

Mia just nodded. "Did he threaten you with that?"

"Yeah." I sighed.

••••••••••••••••••••

Oooooo!

Yeah, this was a little shorter than the other chapters, but I thought it was important to focus on Tommy.

Anyway... What do you think is going to happen to Finn and Mia?!

Read on!

XOX