8

Natasha

After witnessing what I just saw I left the room to head to Ry's before going to the kitchen. I looked at the door and saw a note that read.

'You guys were taking too long and I got hungry so I went out. You can expect me back before midnight.'

Love Ry

After reading that I crumpled the paper and went to the kitchen deciding on cooking chicken alfredo lasagna with caesar salad on the side.

After I boiled the noodles I placed down all the cheese and added alfredo sauce to it. I put the unbaked lasagna in the oven and started the salad. That was until I heard footsteps then a body walked out of the shadows to be Scar wearing a different outfit from prior. She was in a long ABDC shirt with some leggings on. I guess she is becoming relaxed now.

"It smells good." She complimented me as she walked to one of the high chairs, and sat down.

"Thank you. It's chicken alfredo lasagna with caesar salad. What would you like to drink?" I asked, still prepping the salad.

"Got white wine."

"I sure do." I went to the wine cellar and picked out the first one and started opening it.

"Now all we have to do is wait for the lasagna." I said bringing both the salad, drinks, utensil, and plates to the long table where the highchairs were, setting down all of the things I had in my hands.

"Thank you." Scar said.

"You're welcome." I say back to her now, putting salad on both of our plates.

Then once I finish placing the salad on the oven timer goes off notifying me that the food is done and to be taken out. I took out the lasagna and sat it on the long table cutting pieces for us both, and putting it on our plates, then walking around to sit down to eat.

But before I could dig in, Scar spoke up "just one question?" She said lifting up one finger.

"Yes?" Not knowing what she could ask.

"I thought that everyone cooked for themselves?" She asked.

"Well since it's your first day here I thought I would cook and then maybe tomorrow you can show me what you can cook?"

"Sounds like a deal." Scar looked down at her plate and started to eat.

"You know if you cook like this for a while maybe I won't be so mad about living here anymore."

"Meaning?"

"Meaning....you can damn cook this is amazing!"

We both started to laugh and drink.

"Well thank you, and maybe I will. I will only cook chicken alfredo lasagna forever."

"Okay then that will make me want to go back to the prison cell in the woods."

And again we started to laugh, almost making me spill my food onto the floor.

I looked at Scar while we ate peacefully, and smiled. I liked how she was carefree, but at the same time always on alert. She looked at me sipping her wine and looking at me with a question in her eyes.

"Go ahead. Ask away."

"Why am I really here? You have so much wealth and reputation that you could have anyone in this country, maybe even next to this country, so why am I here?" She asked, putting her fork down.

"Because I'm lonely and everyone in this country knows me, and will probably by the end of the week either use me, kill me, steal from me, or even worse try to marry me then kill me and become the next successor of this mafia. I was raised to know better and if not better than more than the other person. I pretty much know everyone within a million radius." I said looking out the kitchen window.

"Well why in America? I heard that there are some sweet babes in Ireland."

"Well to tell you the truth when I found that contract hidden I saw a chance, and I took it. I thought maybe we can build a relationship, because I won't force myself on you nor will I abuse you. It will be like that American movie where the girl had a mental disorder where everyday she forgot the day."

"Fifty first dates? You mean with Drew Barrymore?" She laughed at this and pushed her plate away, continuing to laugh more and more.

"Probably yes...."

I continued to look out of the kitchen window while drinking my wine. Scar grabbed my hand and intertwined them together.

"If everything goes how they should maybe and I say maybe....we can start on something, but let's continue on this meal and going to sleep."

I liked the idea and continued with my meal. I soon got up and put the rest in the refrigerator, because no joke it was going to be eaten by someone in this household whether by Ry, my men, or me. Sometimes I like to eat at midnight.

I begin to wash the dishes and out the corner of my eye I see Scar leaving the kitchen probably to the room.