Give it a Chance Ch. 8

Give it a Chance, a SonAmy story

Chapter 8

Scheming and Gifts

"Mobius to Sonic the Hedgehog!"

Seeing this did nothing to phase the dozing blue hedgehog, Tails walked up closer to his buddy and waved his hand in front of his glazed expression.

"Sonic!"

The hedgehog finally blinked, but his grin was plastered on. "Wha - I missed something?"

Knuckles rolled his indigo eyes. "No, you've just been sitting in the same pose for 10 minutes with a dumb smile on your face and laughing randomly, while Tails and I -"

"Oh lay off," Sonic said, trying to sound gruff, but his grin didn't help his cause. "I'm just in a good mood, ok?"

"Would you like to tell us why you're in a good mood?" Tails ventured.

"Oh, no reason at all," he laughed.

Tails and Knuckles locked eyes and raised their eyebrows.

"Ok-ay, Sonic. This wouldn't have any thing to do with...Amy, would it?" Tails teased.

Sonic snapped to attention. "What, Amy? Is she here?"

The blank look on Knuckles' face and the muffled giggle by Tails let the hedgehog know he'd been tricked. He flushed scarlet. "You know what, fine. I don't care, anyway."

"So did you finally stop being a wuss and tell her, Sonic?" Knuckles asked.

Sonic was still oblivious. "Tell her what?"

"That you looooove her!" Tails drew out.

"Hey, now, stop it..." Sonic protested, his face growing more and more red.

"You kissed her, didn't you? Didn't you?" Tails playfully punched his arm.

Sonic yanked his now sore arm away and growled, but even teasing couldn't make this hedgehog upset. No, he was floating around in pure bliss at the moment.

"Oh Son-ic!" a heavenly voice suddenly drifted through the workshop, and Sonic perked up.

"Later, kids," he quipped to his two buddies and rushed off to see his girl.

The echidna and fox looked at each other and sighed. "He's lost it."

...xxx...

"Amy?"

Sonic did another quick scan of the room, but only saw the dull gray and blue metal of various unfinished mechanical projects and no pink. He could have sworn he'd heard her. Why, there was just no mistaking her voice, it was like nothing else in the universe. And yet, she was nowhere to be seen.

"A-my?"

A muffled giggle caught his ear, and Sonic grinned. Now he had her. He slowly made his way to the table she was obviously hiding under, and paused, waiting for her to jump out so he could pull her into his arms.

But Amy threw him a curve ball and dove out on the other side. Sonic grinned and let her have a head start to keep up the chase, but then took off after her, diving behind the same machine. Amy squealed and dove out of the way, and Sonic let her win, but chased after her before finally cornering her and laughing fake-evilly. The girl squealed again but slipped under his arms.

"Hey!"

"You're getting slower!" Amy teased him but kept running.

Normally Sonic would have frowned at that comment, but nothing could get him unhappy right now. Within a microsecond he broke the sound barrier and gathered his giggling rose in his arms.