Author's Note

Two years? Wow. I might not have had much fun over these past few months, but time sure did fly. 

Many of you have asked me why I left Wattpad, and it was simply because I wanted to experiment with something new, something free from numbers and rankings. I played with contemporary poetry and short stories before deciding that I wasn't quite comfortable with either. In fact, I realized that Wattpad's community had played an integral role in my completion of Half of Ruby and the beginning of Star Born

Some of you have also asked me if I'll be continuing/editing my two other novels. To this, I can only say that I'm focusing on A Whisper of Night first, since the ideas behind it have been bouncing around my head for quite a while. Now, as I look back at Half of Ruby and Star Born, both seem slightly immature and rushed. However, I am so so grateful for all the support Wattpad has shown for my "baby" novels: together, they've reached top-ten rankings, been featured, accumulated over 45 thousand reads and almost 5 thousand votes, and (perhaps most importantly) garnered so many beautiful and touching comments. 

So, although I don't have many plans for either of them right now, I can say that I've poured all of my heart, soul, and time, as well as all the knowledge/wisdom/randomness I gained in the last two years, into A Whisper of Night. I can only hope that you'll enjoy reading my work as much as I've enjoyed creating it. Maybe, in a year or two, this novel will even bloom into a series. 

A brief warning: there is mild gore and sexual harassment mentioned throughout this novel. There also other triggers, such as eating disorders (I'll put trigger warnings before each chapter). And yes, there are LGBTQ+ characters here, characters who are both integral to the plot and very dear to me (I mean, my characters are my babies). If you don't feel comfortable reading any of what I listed above, this book is not for you. Any complaining or hateful comments will be deleted.

 On a lighter note, if there is a character or location you don't know, feel free to refer to the chapters at the end of the book! I know all the names can get confusing, so I've compiled several maps and character charts there, as well as a chapter on the religions of the land. :) 

But now, without further ado, let the adventure begin!