chapter 5

The whole team was in the lunchroom eating. Sakura was seated right next to eijun who was staring at his helping looking sick. Sakura on the other hand wasn't affected at all as she was on her second helping.

Miyuki looked over at eijun asking "What's wrong? If you don't eat up now... You won't be able to handle afternoon practice"

Sakura looked over at eijun noticing he lookedlike he was about to throw up she instantly got up and moved a few tables away and went back to eating. Miyuki looked at Sakura confused for a few moments about to ask why she was moving until eijun threw up.

She peacefully ate the rest of her lunch eating about 7 helpings. As most everyone shouted. "Whoa!! Are you okay man?"

"Don't puke here if you're going to puke go out"

"Stop it"

Morning practice went on as most everyone who got in trouble was continuing practice. Eijun was hunched over near the side lines holding his stomach looking sick still. "Oh I feel terrible running for the entire morning practice... And then eating three bowls of rice topped with meat and more rice...how could Sakura run her early run and then run morning practice and eat 7 helpings she's not human"

"Hahaha world flamingos" miyuki yelled as he practiced batting he had eaten 3 bowls.

Eijun looked around at the people who ate 3 bowls and 6 bowls who were his roommates.

Eijun began thinking as he felt sick once again 'are you serious? They ran the same as I did and they're practically normally... They are all monsters even though were only only one or two years apart...saki is only 25 minutes older than I am and she seems like a monster'

"First years gather up! After this were going to test your ability for your desired position, so put on your spikes...and head over to the B grounds!" Coach yelled

'A skill test the chance to test my skills!' both eijun and Sakura thought at the same time. Sakura had a bit more to prove since most to all men think females could never play baseball and should stick to softball. She planned on proving everyone wrong just like she did back in America.

Eijun tried joining everyone but was stopped by the coach. "Where are you going?"

"Huh? "Where"...to test myself" eijun replied

The coach looked back at eijun and told him "you dont have to go. If your free, then go run!!"

Eijun shouted "huh why just me the other guys all went back to practice along with saki"

"They all came to me and apologized. Your sister even apologized to me when she came to practice" kotaoka explained with his hands in his pockets.

Eijun was dumbfounded completely until the coach turned and glared at eijun "I don't approve of guys who... Come late and don't know how to apologize!"

Eijun was devastated and fell backwards Sakura noticed and began to walk over walking past the two players who talked about eijun.

"Haha...its over for him isn't it? Its because coach is pretty stubborn..."

"He won't listen to you for a year"

"If you don't want to, you don't have to come back....ever"

Sakura had made it over to eijun patting his back sympathetically as he stood up.

Eijun yelled a type of battle cry which made Sakura plug her ears as her eyebrow twitched at eijuns loudness. 'He's always so loud and now I bet he's going to say something gutsy' Sakura thought.

"I overslept because I was too relaxed... I didn't intend to say this but... I... I came here to be the ace! I'm not going to lose to anyone in that!!?" Eijun shouted catching everyone's attention.Sakura just face palmed mumbling "that idiot"

"Hmph worthless" kotaoka said walking away.

Eijun was to stubborn and was being too bothered as he yelled back at the coach "what the he'll worthless I'm seriously" and then he covered his mouth.

Sakura had abandoned her twin and walked away just as the coach threw a baseball across the field as it hit the fence. Sakura had turned around and saw the ball hit the fence. 'He must be a professional to hit the fence from that distance' she thought to herself. Everyone was surprised and began shouting.

"what was that just now?! Now way...throwing from here..."

"Wasn't that a hundred meter throw?!?"

A few upperclassmen smirked saying "all the first years are all fish eyed with surprise"

"Yeah really"

"He refused to go pro and chose to coach for his almamater and he's still an active athlete."

Sakura overheard them speaking and smirked 'so I was right'

"Kid you said you'll be the ace... I don't want words tell me through your skill" kotaoka demanded in a serious tone. He tossed eijun a baseball and pointed to the fence and added on "from home to fence is around 90 meters... If you manage to get to the fence in one long throw I'll let you join practice"

Eijun became ecstatic and asked "really?"

"But if you don't make it... You have to give up pitching for now"

Everyone was speechless for a while. Sakura was grabbing a bat planning to go back to practice knowing eijun wouldn't be able to hit it since he has a natural curve ball.

"Seriously? I wanted to be a pitcher too, but"

"90 meters is definately impossible"

Sakura walked past them "coach did it so its not impossible" Sakura commented on the guys comment walking away before she could hear what else he had to say.

"This is coaches forgiveness" kuromachi said smiling.

"Hasn't he given the guys that come straight from junior high a pretty big hurdle?"

Eijun suddenly shouted "so this is the famous school! This is nice and easy for me to understand! So basically... If I throw it over the fence right?"

Most everyone began to yell at eijuns comment.

"Over what the..."

"Its 90 meters just TO the fence!"

"Hey how far is your personal record"

Eijun had a giant smirk on his face tossing the ball between his hands. "If you can't do this kind of thing, then you can't be an ace" eijun then pointed his hand with the ball in the air and proclaimed. "Sawamura eijun, from akagi junior high! Will now be throwing the first pitch of his highschool life, which you should remember!!"

'Watch carefully mr. Four eyes, sir. This the opening act of my legend!!'eijun thought as he threw the baseball towards the fence.

______________________________________
Words-1105

Date-6/3/18