The pinch hitter is me

"Safe"

"Whoa"

"This is the second runner the first year students have had"

'Who's voice was that with saki's that I heard if I hadn't heard their voices I wouldn't of made it' eijun thought looking over at the dug out.

The second years were talking to each other

"Sorry it's my fault a second runner got out"

"Don't sweat it these freshmen won't get one run. Besides their doesn't seem to be any other first year players with the same spirit as that guy and his sister."

The game continued as another batter got out. Sakura had a blank expression on her face knowing her next time up to bat she has got to get a home run no matter what.

The spectators were talking about the practice game "terrible isnt it they have no plan for advancing their runners I didn't see no plan for advancement. I don't see any ambition to score a run except for that girl that has different colored skin. I feel bad for their one runner"

"It's no use!! We don't even have a coach giving us signals when they keep changing pitchers. Even with a base right now it's to late" someone complained as they sat on the bench in the dug out. Sakura went up next after eijun as she grabbed her helmet.

"Don't worry I'll get you home eijun" she declared as she got up to bat switching sides.

"Can you even bat on that side?" The catcher asked her as she just nodded.

She got into position and she stared down the pitcher just like she did with Tanba. Her brown eyes were full of determination and she released a dangerous aura. It was as if she was a predator ready to devour their prey. She wasn't going to wait for a third pitch as soon as the ball was released she swung her bat with what strength she had left in her body. The ball made a loud thud with the bat as it soared to the outfield. Sakura ran straight to third as eijun made it home safely.

Sakura got into position to steal home she was running on fumes even though their were quite a few innings left but she still stood tall not planning to lose her fighting spirit even if she was about to collapse.

Back in the dug out eijun was proud of his sister getting him home.

Furuya raised his hand and spoke to kotaoka asking "excuse me since I won't have another turn at bat may I go ahead and practice by myself?" Furuya waved a 'see ya!' And walked off.

"Wha?"

"H...hey were still in the middle of a game"

"Doesn't matter no matter what, this last one is the end of the game" kotaoka explained.

Furuya made his way to miyuki with his duffel bag slung over his shoulder.

"Is it really fine mr. monster not watching to the end?" Miyuki asked.

"It's already over"

"Baseball isn't so simple that one person can lead a team to victory"

"What did you all come here for? For the end that we all seek shouldn't you be starting to realize that your past achievements in junior high school stand for nothing here?" Haruhichi asked holding a bat up to kanemarus chin "if you have no ambition switch out"

"Sorry player change"

Haruhichi walked up to home plate saying "the pinch hitter is me"

Haruhichi bowed to the catcher "please to make your acquaintance"

A speculator laughed sating "we've got a guy leaving in the middle and a guy calling in his own pinch hit. This years first- years are a mess"

Haruhichi made a few signals towards Sakura who understood them and nodded pulling her helmet down slightly.

'No one will see it coming when I steal home with the pink haired shorty" Sakura thought as she slowly began to leave third base as she spread her left leg out in front of her as her right leg was still on third base. She bent forward slightly twisting her upper torso towards home plate.

It was her own stance to steal bases that she developed back in America. A stance that became famous as she always ran as soon as the baseball was released from the pitchers hands.

A speculator recognized the stance "Seems like sawamura Sakura is going to steal home"

"Why do you say that?" Asked another spectacular

"Because back in America she always did that stance right before she stole a plate" the speculator explained.

As soon as the pitcher threw his pitch Sakura instantly took off running towards home. Haruhichi was choking up on a long bat and he hit the outside pitch staring that it was the easiest pitch to hit.

Sakura pushed herself even more to pick up speed as soon as she was a few feet away from home plate as the ball was thrown back to the catcher.

'I'm not letting this freshmen get past me again' the catcher thought as he was in position to tag Sakura out.

Sakuras eyes lit up as she smirked as she was a few inches in front of the catcher she stomped her right leg into the ground extremely hard as she jumped into the air jumping over the catcher surprising a few speculators and everyone on the field and the dug out.

The catcher was completely surprised at the stunt she did as she landed on home plate she stumbled slightly and fell face first skidding a few feet. In the end she was safe. She sat up covered in dirt "yea I stuck the landing" she yelled loudly. She stood up and walked back to the dug out smirking.

___________________________
Word- 957
Date- 8-19-18