Not yet

'What was that?' The catcher asked terrified looking up 'right when the ball was released i sensed it would go low but... it got lifted up in a whirlwind and slipped right above the top of my mitt'

"Head coach are you alright?" Someone asked.

Katoako was perfectly fine and had a smile on his face and exclaimed "you passed satoru be at first string teams practice starting tomorrow"

Everyone seemed surprised what the coach just exclaimed.

"I wanted to pitch some more but whatever this way I'll get to team up with senior kazuya."

Sakura was in the right out field whipping sweat off of her her uniform wasn't white anymore but green and brown from sliding on the ground a few times. She had stopped listening to what was going on up front as the teams switched places eijun was confident with his batting abilities as Sakura just ignored him completely "I don't know you right now" she said passing eijun.

"Saki don't be like that" eijun shouted loudly.

"You can't bat worth a shit I don't know you" she said again as she brought down his ego a few notches. Eijun still went up to bat with so much confidence it was almost blinding.

Sakura found a seat on the bench taking off her cap running her hand through her hair sighing slightly. She was sitting right next to pink haired male who looked at her through his bangs.

'She's the only female on the team' he thought.

Sakura felt eyes on her as she looked over at the pink haired boy "is that your natural hair color" she asked bluntly.

The boy just nodded "I'm sawamura Sakura and nice hair by the way" she said getting up once again and put her cap back on grabbing a bat. Standing at the entrance of the dug out ready to bat after eijun going in as a clean up batter. She watched eijun with a small smile on her face crossing her arms.

Eijun bowed shouting out a "nice to meetcha!!"

Sakura rolled her eyes thinking'idiot you don't just say that'

The pitcher remembered eijun from him and Sakura going against azuma

'Haha this guy hasn't changed huh still staring down at his seniors'

Eijun swing his bat not even hitting the ball at all.

"Weren't his bat and ball like twenty centimeters apart" someone said

"Eijuns good at pitching he can't hit to save his life" Sakura mumbled.

The catcher tossed the ball back to the pitcher 'he just stomped down y'know even though it's his first at bat in highschool you afraid to give him an inside ball?'

'Well since he's the guy who picked a fight with kiyokuni, ok. But if he wasn't. I would want to do it'

Eijun missed once again which made Sakura sweat drop 'He's an amazing pitcher but he can't bat he's hopeless at batting he needs to practice see with his eyes and swing at the right time' she though as she began to analyze the pitchers form as she stared at the pitcher.

At the third pitch eijun swing early again but the catcher deflected the ball behind him. Both the pink haired guy and Sakura yelled at the same time " not yet the catcher deflected it behind him"

Eijun took off running as the catcher grunted going after the ball "waste of energy kid even if you make it to first on an uncaught third strike your value isnt going to go up"

"Eijun run as fast as you can" Sakura screamed egging eijun on giving him encouragement like he always does with her. Eijun smiled as he ran.

'Shut up.. you think I'm going to refuse a chance to keep the play going? What an ace should be What first string should be what does that matter right now just like this. Without having done anything is not how I want it to end. Sakura wouldn't either and neither will I' eijun thought as he ran

Eijun made it on third safely as he tripped and rolled on the ground "safe"

"WHOOOO"

"It may be a single off an uncaught-third strike but it's our first game nonetheless" Eijun states making his twin sister smile slightly.
___________________________
Words-710
Date-6/17/18