3

Beep beep!!  I kept hearing the sound of the monitor as a 5year old me sat on Papa's laps while he held mommy's hands..

She weakly smiled at me as I asked "Mama when will you come home "?

"Soon baby,soon but for now take care of Papa like the big girl that you are, okay my love "??

I grinned at the prospect of being called a big girl and squealed with an "okay "

The doctor came in and was saying incomprehensible things.

I just kept hearing "it's been proving wrong,its getting worse, your pathological tests aren't improving Mrs huzaif "

Mama touched papa's hand and gave him a signal and he stood up and took me outside.

"Where are we going "? I asked confused.

"To get ice cream honey " he replied.

"I peeped back into the hospital room and said "I'll be back soon mommy, I'll get you your ice cream "

I scrunched my face and stood up, rubbing my eyes wondering why the nightmares came back.

"I only get this nightmares when I'm sick " I wondered to myself .

But I don't feel sick so I shrugged and made wudhu, prayed, read my Quran and skipped downstairs to order pizza since Papa was on a business trip and isn't coming back till the next day.

I grabbed the pizza after paying the delivery guy and sat down watching an episode of grownish.

"ugh Trevor Jackson is so cuteeee " I said to no one in particular.

My phone rang signalling a facetime request from Papa.

I picked and yelled a "Assalam Daddy! ""

He chuckled and mimicked my yelling with a "Wasalam afrahh!.

"Daddy I miss you "I said with a pout.

He smiled and said "I've only been gone for a day Af, I'm coming back tomorrow besides.

I giggled and moaned a "I know, I know "

He rolled his eyes and became serious

"Af, about your college internship,I placed your request slip in a company of a friend so make sure you check your email regularly to know if you've been accepted or not.

"Okay, I'll do just that "I replied back.

"I gotta go but take care of yourself princess "

"yes sir " I gave a mock salute.

He chuckled and hung up.

I sighed, and stood up to discard the pizza box and felt little dizzy.

"That's weird " I thought aloud to myself.

I sat down for a while, then stood up and felt alright.

After dumping the box, I went upstairs and facetimed the girls for a while ,then prayed noticing it was late, after praying, I went off to lala land.

Read. Comment. Share. Like