20

"Fabi ayi Allah, i'rabbikuma tukhaziban ".

Aamir's Pov.

I heard her recite melodiously, sitting outside her room not wanting to interrupt her recitation I felt a strange sense of peace.

I sat for ten minutes before I heard her stop, keeping the Holy Book. I wanted knocking but decided against it, making salam surprising myself as I heard her reply "Wa alaikum salam ".

I entered her room seeing her sit properly, the tube wired to her nose shifting a little.

"Mr Khan, you are here " She said with a genuine smile making me smile at her too.

"Yes, I came to see how you were faring " I replied.

"Alhamdulilah, Doctor rohan told me I'll be scheduled for a chemo with some group of other well known doctors including him, I still wonder who was the generous man that paid them and asked them to " She thought out loud.

My mind went back to begging the doctors to try their best at the chemo and asking to be Anon.

"That's very good " I said.

She nodded looking nervous.

"Are you okay " I asked.

"Yeah, I mean no, I mean I want to ask something and since I'm bored I'm glad you came, I kind of needed the company and my bffs are at their place of training, so I wonder if you can tell me about yourself, like  let's play 20questions but then I know you are my boss, I shouldn't play with my boss but I'm sorry, please don't fire me, I need to finish this training and graduate In shaa Allah if my sickness let's me, I'm so sorry I'm ranting" She blurted out innocently making me laugh out.

She looked at me confused ,I wiped my eyes and looked at her "Mehn that was a good laugh, your blabbing is cute, sure let's play "I said making her cheeks heat up, aww she looked like a cute bunny.

"Full name " she asked.

"Aamir Ali Khan " I answered.

"Afrah huzaif Abdallaah " she answered back.

Afrah :color?

Aamir : hazel, sorry I mean blue.

Afrah: White and black.

And we went on and on with the game which was fun until we reached 20 and stopped.

We sat down in comfortable silence when I asked her about her illness.

She stared at me for a while before she spoke " It started when my dad saw me unconscious, apparently it has manifested a long time ago but was asymptomatic before the symptoms started Showing, I can remember always feeling dizzy I thought it was college stress until I was taken to the hospital after being unconscious in my room, I felt broken and dead when the doctor told me about my illness. I mean Afrah huzaif with cancer? She looks so healthy! But I guess life can be surprising. I got it from my mom, it drained her, my beautiful m-om, I can remember coming back from school and asking my dad where she was and he took me to the hospital, I was young and clueless, I had no idea my mom was suffering, I never understood her pains but now I see them in Papa's eyes when she's being mentioned. I've totally left it for my creator, he gave me this life so he has the right to take it if he wants " She said holding back her tears making my heart clench.

"Aameera, my best friend, then she was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. she was always happy and carefree and kind. I can remember her pulling my ears like a mother would to a child if I don't pray on time and I was the older twin but you'd think she was older. She suddenly fell sick during one of our vacations, I never left her side as she got worse, I prayed for mercy, miracle from Him but none ever came until the day she battled for her life, smiling at me as she gave up. She was the strongest woman I know, even through her ordeals she'd still scold me " a tear betrayed me leaving my eyes.

"I'm so sorry, we've all lost one person but I want you to know they're in a better place and are looking after us " Afrah said.

I nodded with a smile as we changed topic, making jokes, teasing each other you'd think we were best friends.

Read
Comment
Share
Like

HDID is 85 in fictional, whutttttttttt!!!

And 38 in Islamic love story, again whuttttttt!.

It's all you guys, your love is overwhelming. I'm crying rn. Thank you so much.