17

I sighed for the tenth time lookimg at my pathological test result sitting on my bed waiting for my dad to come in.

"Assalam alaikum " Dad greeted making my heart pound.

"Wa--alaikum -s-alam" I stuttered.

"Afrah are you okay? What do you want to talk about " He asked.

I gave him the result with shaky hands,looking at him as his countenance changed.

"H-ow, wh--en" He asked with glistening eyes.

I explained everything to him from how I knew to the dream and why I didn't tell him earlier.

He cried for a very long time with me hugging him.

"Ya Allah, please I'm sorry for my sins but don't take my baby girl, you can take me but please leave her for me, I'm so sorry, I'll never incur your wrath again " My dad cried out making me choke on my own tears.

I can't bear seeing him this way, please Ya Allah send a miracle.

We cried for a while before dad wiped my tears and gave me a weak smile " We'll be strong Baby, I'll never leave your side, I'll take you to the best hospitals in this world, We'll stay together till I get old and see my grandkids, I know it's all Allah's test and I know he never gives a test without strength and I tell you today Afrah Huzaif In shaa Allah you not leaving this earth anytime soon "

I chuckled weakly and nodded and we made wudhu and prayed together ,reading the Quran which made us feel much better as we descended downstairs for dinner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.

"Afrah you'll be late wallah!!
" My dad yelled.

"Coming " I replied, combing my hair frustrated at having to go to work to see blue eyes.

My hands stopped at the middle of my hair, as I withdrew it, I could see a little lump of my hair in my hands making me cry a little. Oh Allah.

I recited my strong words and grabbed my things kissing Dad goodbye and entering my car.

"Assalam " I said entering the office seeing no except London.

I said a little hi and went to my part of the office but I was stopped by the annoying London.

"Listen here bitch, Aamir is mine and would never stoop to an ugly,fat girl like you, so back off, I saw how your hands were all over him at the party, he can never be yours" She squealed out.

I yawned, rubbing my eyes "Dearest London, No offence but I'm the most beautiful girl I know so don't come here to spit rubbish because you think you know me, girl you don't know anything about me and deep down inside, you probably wondering why am I so beautiful ,it's okay to feel insecure, and about Mr Khan trust me dating isn't on my mind rn even though I won't mind a Prince Charming but then he has always been yours so if you feel threatened, go confront him and allow me do my work, gracias sis " I said with a big grin strutting off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aamir Pov

I opened the door but stopped hearing London yell to someone probably Afrah about backing off.

She paused then I heard Afrah's voice saying "Dearest London, No offence but I'm the most beautiful girl I know so don't come here to spit rubbish because you think you know me, girl you don't know anything about me and deep down inside, you probably wondering why am I so beautiful ,it's okay to feel insecure, and about Mr Khan trust me dating isn't on my mind rn even though I won't mind a Prince Charming but then he has always been yours so if you feel threatened, go confront him and allow me do my work, gracias sis "

I chuckled feeling a pang of hurt at her words, why would I feel hurt?

You like her idiot!!.

I do not, and who are you again?

Your mind duh.

I entered the office, London rushing to me ranting about how Afrah was rude and needs to be fired.

I ignored her and sat down sighing, I'm already getting irritated with her.

"Babe "!! She whined.

"London please leave, I have work to do, I'll call you later and get you the money you need.

Her eyes lit up at the mention of money and she walked out with a huge smile.

Bitch!! Always after the money.

I honestly don't know why I'm getting irritated with her, it's absurd.

I heard a cough and I glanced at the direction looking at Afrah cough non stop.

I quickly rushed to her side, worriedly getting her water.

She thanked me after gulping it down, looking at  me making my breath hitch.

She's so beautiful!!

No no no, Aamir get back to your senses.

We continued staring at each other as I went over her features which included her big hazel eyes coated with long lashes, a slim nose which was red from coughing and her plump lips coated in lip gloss. She's definitely so beautiful, damn!!.

She broke eye contact, blushing as I smirked.

"Um I'd like to pray " she said.

I nodded giving her way as she set the prayer mat, praying Making my heart clench with guilt. He took her from me, the one everyone worships, he took my best friend, my twin, he---. I glanced at Afrah praying elegantly and so focused, I stood up with anger, why are they so in love with someone who takes away things from you?.

I went back to my seat, fuming.

I saw her quickly facepalmed as she finished praying, as if she forgot something and grabbed her bag, telling me she's sorry, she has an appointment with a friend as she left.

I was confused and curious, this is the second time I've heard her talk about appointments, what's going on? Does she have a boyfriend?.

I scowled at the thought of her having a boyfriend.

She can't have a boyfriend, she's so religious since she screams "Mahram " everytime.

I shrugged and went back to work.

Read.
Comment
Share
Like