Chapter 2.

We walked to the back yard door, opened it and were greeted by Romel's family having a barbecue. We were giving food and drinks...until....
Romel's mom made and announcement "thank you all for being here. A toast to my family finally being all together and to Romel's friends for being here tonight..." right friends i thought "we have a surprise for you guys tonight. But first congratulations to these 5 beautiful peopel for their accomplishments"
We heard a chorus of "congratulations Omar, Emily, Raul, Keyri, and Gaby" and then we heard it.
"What did you forget to toast that I was finally home ma?" A voice i hadn't heard in 4 years.
"No you just ruined it" his mom said but continued "Now as I was and a toast to my son Romel being being back from the Navy." And cheers were heard.
Pretty soon everyone got up but us 5. We were too shocked to move. And amazed that we didn't figure it out. But I spoke too soon someone broke the shock.
"Omar my homie" he said as he grabbed Omar's hand and pulled him into a hug.
"Dude what's up when did you get back?" Omar asked.
"I got back last night. But you guys were at Gabina's house and I didn't want to interrupt."he said.
"Wait how do you know about that" Emily asked.
"Emily? My god you look amazing." He said and hugged her "my mom said she loved near here and you guys the had the habit of staying at her house over the weekend."
"Yea we do." Keyri said
"Well I'll be damned, Keyri you haven't changed" he said as he hugged her.
"You haven't changed either" said Raul.
"Raul my man" he said as he gave him a hug also.
"Hey stranger." I said
"Gabina? You...You're...wow. you look beautiful." He said but didn't hug me. "You don't look too bad yourself." I replied back loking smug and with that he pulled me in for a hug. My phone beeped and I knew I had to go.
"Well time flies when your having fun but I gotta go. I got things to do tomorrow before I take Emily out and hang out with Steph. You guys gunna stay much longer ?" I said while Romel held one of my hands and the other had my phone.
"Um,yea we'll be there soon. Go get some sleep okay, love. Don't want you getting sick." Emily said.
"Yea yea. You know I'm living a couple more years so shut it." I said back.
"Yea but after last time...just get some rest okay. We'll be there soon. Just relax." Raul said and pulled me for a hug. "Yea dad i will." I said sarcastically but he gave the I'm serious look' "I'm kidding geez relax. Im going." I said as gave all of them a hug and left Romel for last. Walking out I gave him a hug and said "welcome back kiddo" and with that I left and walked back to my house.