Chapter 3

Romel's POV

I saw them walking towards the house and I couldn't hold my excitement back. I had to see them. Then they stopped and turned to consult someone who looked a lot like the girl whose heart I broke before I left. I watched them a little more and noticed my homie comforting her to which she nodded, said something and gave him a hug. With that they continued to make their way to my house.

An hour had passed and my mom was finally making the toast..."congratulations to these 5 beautiful people" with that I walked out and said "What did you forget to toast that I was finally home ma?" I said joking around.
"No you just ruined it" my mom,said  but continued "Now as I was and a toast to my son Romel being being back from the Navy." And cheers were heard.
Every one of my family members walked up to me and said welcome home but I was waiting for my friends to come up and say welcome back or maybe just someone.
"Omar my homie" i said as i grabbed Omar's hand and pulled him into a hug.
"Dude what's up when did you get back?" Omar asked.
"I got back last night. But you guys were at Gabina's house and I didn't want to interrupt." I said.
"Wait how do you know about that" Emily asked.
"Emily? My god you look amazing." I said and hugged her "my mom said she loved near here and you guys the had the habit of staying at her house over the weekend."
"Yea we do." Keyri said
"Well I'll be damned, Keyri you haven't changed" i said and hugged her.
"You haven't changed either" said Raul.
"Raul my man" I said as I  gave him a hug also.
"Hey stranger." She said
"Gabina? You...You're...wow. you look beautiful." I said but didn't hug hed. "You don't look too bad yourself." She replied back loking smug and with that i pulled her in for a hug. Her phone beeped and I knew something was up.
"Well time flies when your having fun but I gotta go. I got things to do tomorrow before I take Emily out and hang out with Steph. You guys gunna stay much longer ?" She said while I held one of her hands and the other had her phone.
"Um,yea we'll be there soon. Go get some sleep okay, love. Don't want you getting sick." Emily said.
"Yea yea. You know I'm living a couple more years so shut it." She said back.
"Yea but after last time...just get some rest okay. We'll be there soon. Just relax." Raul said and pulled her in  for a hug. But that only confused me what were they so worried about? What had i missed..and I heard her reply  "Yea dad i will." She said sarcastically but he gave her the 'I'm serious look' "I'm kidding geez relax. Im going." She said as gave all of them a hug and left me for last.  Walking out she gave me a hug and said "welcome back kiddo" and with that she left.
"Good to have you back man but we gotta go." Said Raul.
"Yea we'll hang out Sunday." Keyri said.
"We'll see you." Emily & Omar said.
With that they all left. And I was alone again with my mom. "They're good kids you know. They had a rough couple of years recently...but they made it through." She said while she hugged me.
"What do you mean, mom?" I asked
"Oh you didn't know?" She asked very surprised.