Chapter 12

GABY'S POV

When we got there we all got out of the car and let the valet person take the car.
Too many people in one room and then they're going to be looking at me Lord please save me.
Steph must've noticed my tense stance because he said "Gaby, relax. I'm right next to you the whole step of the way. Okay? If you feel like you start panicking just lean on me and I'll make sure I do something to keep your mind off whatever it is on your mind,okay?" With that he pulled me in for a hug and said "let's go."

Now walking in and looking confident wasn't my thing but I knew that with the amount cameras in the place I had to. With Omar being CEO of a company he had cameras on him at these type of events. Not that I blamed him but I just hated the cameras and every so often I found myself on the pages or social media but hey at least I never was alone in the pictures I was always with the whole bunch so it wasn't so bad, I guess.

We said hello to a lot of people and the music  making the environment a  calm one. Steph went to change 5 minutes ago and then i noticed the dancers walking towards me and I noticed the music start change and i was grabbed. Of course i had to act like i was scared but i knew i had a job to do not that it made it any easier. They dragged me to the dance floor where we had a box set up so i could change my outfit. While i was changing they played Valio La Pena by Marc Anthony. So i was good on timing. Then i came out changed in dancing outfit and took my place in front of Steph, which was me having one of my legs wrapped around his waist and my arms around his neck. When i took my position he whispered "keep your eyes on me and focus on us and  no one else okay." The songs being played were a mashup between Salsa Dura by La Excelencia, Cachondea by Fruko, Juliana by DLG, Felices Los 4 by Maluma ft Marc Anthony, and Chantaje by Shakira ft Maluma.  Steph started by moving me into a siting position so could spin me up until i was standing. After that i moved to the beat of the music following Steph. By the second song we had the rest of the dancers join us. 

We all synced to the music and with each other

We all synced to the music and with each other. By the time we reached the third to last song i was looking into the crowed but i was still focused on Steph and the dance moves. I caught eyes with Romel just as Steph grabbed my hand and pulled me in to him so he could turn me out of his arms. We continued dancing everyone else switching partners. Until the end of song. When Steph picked me up by my waits and I fell into a split in front of him. We were so close it that when he leaned down to give my cheek a kiss it looked like he kissed me.

But that was part of the act

But that was part of the act. And with that we crowed go wild cheering and clapping. Someone walked over to grab a mic and said "Well that was a performance." Thank you to our dancer and Ms. Gaby & her dance partner Stephano. Well as you all know this one of the reason why this event is being held. We are funding a campaign to help create dance centers for those less fortunate who love to dance." The guy kept talking but Steph and I rushed toward the dressing room to change back into our clothes that we had on before.
~10 MINUTES LATER~
Steph and I walked back to where everyone else was sitting. Around of applause was heard at our table. Everyone, meaning Raul Emily Omar Keyri Romel & Monica, said "Well damn. I knew you could dance but not like that"
Emily said "I knew she could I accidentally walked into the closet found the door and saw her dancing which by the way is fucking beautiful and you have to teach me."
"Thank you" is all Steph and I said back.
The rest of the night they played every type of music and I dance to most it. A bachata came on , I knew the song because I always danced it. It was Princesa Mia by Jalil Lopez, when Romel asked Steph if we could switch. We dance the bachata with the turns, the super closeness and the distance. But when the chorus came on he would pull me close and sing it in my ear. When the song ended he said we needed to talk. So we walked to the garden of the hotel. When we were in the garden I walked toward the fountain and sat on the edge of it. I saw Romel sit next to me and just looked in a distance. After a minute of silence I said "so what did you want to talk about?"
"Well for one why you've been avoiding me the past three days. And second you look beautiful and you danced amazingly." He said
"Thank you. But I haven't been avoiding you." I said back not looking at him.
"Yes you have, Gabina. Tell me what I did." He said as he grabbed my chin so I would look at him.
"Romel, I don't even know why you think you did something. And I wasn't I was just trying to nail that dance. So I'm sorry if it seemed that way" I looked into his eyes and semi lied but he didn't have to know that.
"Okay" he said and look into my eyes for a second before he kissed me. I kissed back for a second before I pulled away. I leaned my forehead on his and said "I'm sorry I can't. I just...I have to get back. I'm sorry." With that I got up and walked back inside into the ballroom.